Talk

Advanced search

talk to me about safes please

(5 Posts)
mousmous Mon 03-Mar-14 15:45:32

I would like one for our important documents and back up drives.

preferably fire and water safe.

big enough for a4 documents/laptop computer.

where would be the best place? Cellar (no flood risk but damp) or higher up?

key or touch pad?

magimedi Mon 03-Mar-14 16:00:19

We got one, with key & it is bolted to an outside wall in a wardrobe, upstairs.

It's not so much for anti burglary but for keeping passports, rings, important docs etc all in one place & avoiding the hassle of not losing them.

Got it on line (can't remember where, sorry) & it was about £70 & worth every penny - always know where stuff is.

snowgirl1 Mon 03-Mar-14 17:43:29

We've got one which is bolted to a concrete floor in a downstairs cupboard. We've got a keypad one - but it comes with an override key in case you forget the pin.

mousmous Wed 05-Mar-14 11:30:02

thanks!

we are still undecided. saw a yale one, but that is just too small for laptops and only has bolts for the wall not floor. I guess it's better to have the option of both...

EasterHoliday Wed 05-Mar-14 11:32:36

needs to be bolted to an outdoor wall. if you need one that's big enough for a laptop, it's going to be large, therefore heavy and £££ & more awkward to hide.
They come with a "cash rating" for insurance purposes, so if you need one for your insurance policy make sure it's sufficient. We got ours from Banham - rather more than £70 I think but it is water / fire proof

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now