Talk

Advanced search

Patio Inspiration?

(3 Posts)
YoHoHoandabottleofWine Sat 01-Mar-14 21:53:20

We have a completely flat and empty garden, just grass and fences and one tree near bottom. About 60ft long. Need a patio but we have no idea what shape/size etc.

If I search online for inspiration, most photos are quite close up and don't give the context of patio in relation to the house. Has anyone got any ideas as to how I work out what will work?

We aren't planning on doing much to the garden and also don't want to spend loads.

Thanks.

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 02-Mar-14 08:37:06

do you have a garden hose ? if you do, use it to create a shape on the ground, that gives you adequate space for a table and chairs - and still gives you flower beds and a nice organic curved shape ... see how the light works in that space over the space of a day or two and if you like it ask quote to create a patio that size and shape ! or if you'd rather plan it on a computer www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/design/
can help !

NothingMoreScaryThanAHairyMary Sun 02-Mar-14 12:35:59

Have you looked on Pinterest I find it really useful for ideas on how things can work together in the garden.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now