Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

teenager bedroom decoration

(11 Posts)
dietstartsmonday Fri 28-Feb-14 16:51:38

help i need ideas for DD13 Ds2 14 & DS1 15
they have no idea what they want. so please tell me about your teenagers bedrooms ( not the messgrin )

LaurieFairyCake Fri 28-Feb-14 16:54:59

Blackboard paint

Dd has it on the largest wall and it's just the coolest - she draws on it, puts revision notes on it, I wrote notes on it like 'find your effing socks!'

dietstartsmonday Fri 28-Feb-14 17:35:35

oh the fun i could have with that grin

Fairypants Fri 28-Feb-14 17:50:45

Dd1 (15) has dove grey walls with a floral patterned paper covering the chimney breast (black with silver/grey vines and dark pink flowers). She has damask curtains in shades of grey to match and a small black "chandelier" with a grey carpet. She chose but with input from me (she asked my opinion). Started with the patterned wallpaper and then picked the rest to compliment it.

OnePlanOnHouzz Fri 28-Feb-14 18:21:53

Give them each a task to design their own room - either with pen and paper or via free software online like ikea or thebrick.icovia.com/ so they can have input too - not only will it keep them out of your way for a while - you will see who likes what and what, if anything , is a good idea or not etc etc !!

dietstartsmonday Fri 28-Feb-14 18:43:51

fairy that sounds lovely!

thanks for the website one. will get them on there at the wknd

badasahatter Fri 28-Feb-14 19:09:58

DD, 13, stayed with a plain palette for colours, blue as a main contrast to cream, then mirrors, fancy shelves, neon lights with a colour change function (thanks Ikea) and a big chair (Ikea again) for reading in. I adore her room. A big book case, the reading chair and the make up shelf are all heavenly. It may not sound very exciting, but I'd have killed for that at her age.

PigletJohn Fri 28-Feb-14 19:55:06

it can be done with plain colours and several pinboards and shelves, then the look can be changed almost as quickly as their minds.

beware of going pink or something which may quickly be thought too young.

Painted walls in silk are easy to repaint and are fairly tolerant of blu-tak.

Something like a desk will be useful; if tight on space it can hinge down off the wall.

babyfedleaning Fri 28-Feb-14 20:03:28

What about a photo mural/ wallpaper on one wall? You can get lovely scenes of woodland / the planets/ city scape and pretty much anyhting you can think of. Or a Banksy inspired wall sticker (I've seen the one of the little girl looking up at her balloon floating off on NOTHS's website)

dietstartsmonday Fri 28-Feb-14 20:16:19

thank you all loving the ideas. desk hinged on the wall is a fab idea

badasahatter Sat 01-Mar-14 16:11:14

Forgot to mention...dd also takes photos. She's got her own digital camera and we've got framed pictures everywhere and she's got a canvas landscape print on her wall, that she made herself. Then she has lots of posters and a clock made from a record from her favourite band (thanks to a friends entrepreneurial little boy). I love the rock chic theme she's got going on. Wish I was 13 again....a little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now