Talk

Advanced search

Box room,can anyone recommend a cabin bed/high sleeper?

(13 Posts)
MrsHoolie Fri 28-Feb-14 11:26:38

DS's room is tiny,he is nearly grown out of his cotbed and we are thinking about a cabin bed midsleeper,with drawers in it ideally as there won't be much room for anything else!
Can anyone recommend a company?
Or would it be worth having one built by a carpenter?

jammietart Fri 28-Feb-14 11:39:06

we have quite a bit of children's furniture from Aspace and have been pleased with it. the customer service can be a bit hit and miss.

CrapBag Fri 28-Feb-14 14:27:21

corbandirect.co.uk/Seconique-lollipop-midi-sleeper?language=en¤cy=GBP&gclid=CPe--teC77wCFQUcwwodw04Acg

This is what we have for DS. The shelves underneath are not fixed so you can take them out and put drawers under if you need to.

Alternatively, we put the shelves at the back under his bed and there is floor space for him to play too. The shelves also hold loads of stuff, they are far bigger than they look in this picture. I love DS's bed and I researched loads of midsleepers. It is really sturdy and well made. You can get it in white as well if you don't want the blue on the ends.

Or I also liked this www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steens-For-Kids-Midsleeper-Set-in-Solid-Plain-White-NEW-IN-STOCK-FREE-DEL-/271354126382 but it was too big for the space we had. You can get different combinations of this bed too.

Pinkje Fri 28-Feb-14 14:35:25

Be aware though that changing sheets on a high sleeper is a major pain (unless you're a bit of a gymnast!).

MrsHoolie Fri 28-Feb-14 15:35:53

Thanks,all.
I need to do some measuring then will look at all these.

auntpetunia Sat 01-Mar-14 08:09:54

we got a carpenter in to design storage for dds room, free standing she'd had bed and small cupboard and not much else. now she has triple wardrobe, desk and bed with drawers plus shelves and and a Wall cupboard, and there's more floors space then there has ever been because it's all flush to walls, it's amazing what you can fit in if its well planned. .

shouldbedoingtheironing Sat 01-Mar-14 11:47:07

Another option if you haven't considered it is a small single? We got one for DD with drawers underneath and it just gives her that bit more space in her small room but with some storage.

RiojaHaze Sat 01-Mar-14 11:50:38

I've just bought a Stompa Ronda 4 for DD. Making the bed is bearable, it's got loads of storage under it for big items as well as drawers (and hiding places!) and is really well built.

They do loads of different ones with desks or other storage options.

Kezzybear Sat 01-Mar-14 11:53:47

http://www.rainbowwoodsouth.co.uk/index.php
We used rainbow wood for ds1's mid sleeper. They are I'm Farnham and Yorkshire I think.

2plus1 Sat 01-Mar-14 12:49:42

Our ds has the small bedroom with a single bed and a small chest of drawers plus toy box. We have a captains bed which has three drawers under it and some sleepover space if needed. I know you are not looking for the sleepover space but the height of this bed is good for our ds to get himself up into. Any higher and I would be concerned of falling out of bed and hurting themselves. Also making beds can be a pain if too high! We had a midsleeper for our eldest when she was four and she could get in that ok and the storage was great but my ds at four struggled with the ladder. So your Childs capabilities and clumsiness of getting out for the loo in the night might help decide on your best option. We got both of our second hand and spent money on a nice mattress.

Kezzybear Sat 01-Mar-14 13:17:11

http://www.rainbowwoodsouth.co.uk/index.php
We used rainbow wood for ds1's mid sleeper. They are I'm Farnham and Yorkshire I think.

soberton Sat 01-Mar-14 23:42:40

Hi
My eldest daughter now 14 years has the really tiny box room in this house. A few years ago we bought her a high rise bed from Box room beds.co which she still has - it has her wardrobe and chest of drawers slotted under the sleeping area. Great service and unusual sizes can be ordered from them (and mattresses made to measure). Her bed is between walls and the space available for use was only 190cm - whereas most beds seem to be 200cm approx (she's now 5'3" and been asked not to grow anymore, lol). She has a 3' wide mattress, it's just a shorter than average length. We're in Hampshire and Box room beds is in the Midlands, I think, but ordering and delivery were straight forward.

Silverfoxballs Sat 01-Mar-14 23:47:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now