Talk

Advanced search

New builds especially Taylor Wimpey

(16 Posts)
CookieDoughKid Thu 27-Feb-14 00:21:50

Anyone recently bought a new build by Taylor Wimpey and live in a semi or attached house? Can you hear your neighbours? Am thinking of buying a new build. from them but not sure about sound proof quality. Thanks!

TheBeautifulVisit Thu 27-Feb-14 00:24:42

I know someone who's just bought a halls adjoiining Taylor Wimpey semi and the sound proofing is atrocious.

TheBeautifulVisit Thu 27-Feb-14 00:28:04

Sorry, the house is non halls adjoining.

MrsJamin Thu 27-Feb-14 05:51:50

I have a very poor opinion of Taylor Wimpey and wouldn't touch one of their houses if you paid me. Just look at their twitter feed to see how they respond to complaints about their houses www.twitter.com/taylorwimpey.

CookieDoughKid Thu 27-Feb-14 19:14:01

Thanks for the info. I thought new builds had to be certified to stringent building regs and meet the minimum for sound proofing. Perhaps these aren't stringent enough?

CookieDoughKid Thu 27-Feb-14 19:14:05

Thanks for the info. I thought new builds had to be certified to stringent building regs and meet the minimum for sound proofing. Perhaps these aren't stringent enough?

CookieDoughKid Thu 27-Feb-14 19:14:15

CookieDoughKid Thu 27-Feb-14 19:15:42

CookieDoughKid Thu 27-Feb-14 19:16:01

CookieDoughKid Thu 27-Feb-14 19:16:06

Onesleeptillwembley Thu 27-Feb-14 19:16:15

I bought one, though years ago. Don't touch with a bargepole. The company, from the top to the bottom, is rotten. And don't care about safety. Really - don't.

CookieDoughKid Thu 27-Feb-14 19:16:52

Darn!! Sorry about the repeated posts. My mobile session jammed obviously!!

HaveToWearHeels Thu 27-Feb-14 21:17:53

I have a 5 year old Taylor Wimpey house, purchased off plan, I love it, but I am detached.

nbee84 Fri 28-Feb-14 15:37:59

I often hear people saying that the sound proofing between new builds is poor, but my experience is the opposite, Mine is a David Wilson house but I can't imagine that there is much difference between builders of standard 3 bed houses.

Before this house we lived in a 25 year old house (10 years ago now) and could hear all sorts - kids running up and down stairs, pots and pans in the kitchen, the alarm clock going off in one particular bedroom. But in this house we've heard barely anything - even with new babies arriving either side of us (terraced) I just presumed that building regs were better now and that more sound proofing was in place than houses built 30 or so years ago.

Hopelass Fri 28-Feb-14 15:45:16

Hi I live in a 2.5 year old semi built by Taylor Wimpey and have to say am very impressed with the soundproofing!!

Our neighbours are a twenty something couple with a 3 yo DS. If the bloke runs up the stairs which run adjoining our lounge you can SOMETIMES hear it if the TV is off. Never ever hear the little boy and he is quite loud as we hear him playing outside.

And from their point of view, we have a 4 mo DS and they say they have never ever heard him cry!!

IMO therefore I'd say its pretty good! HTH grin

CookieDoughKid Fri 28-Feb-14 23:24:37

Thanks all. I've been researching and least twenty years have seen standards rise in builds which is positive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now