Talk

Advanced search

Shocking pink gloss paint and orange carpet - help!!!

(3 Posts)
agnesf Wed 26-Feb-14 11:31:10

DD bedroom was decorated by previous owners. Carpet is dark/ burnt orange, walls pale apricot, curtains orange and pink. But worst of all is that all skirting boards and the radiator is painted in shocking pink gloss.

DD is desperate for bedroom makeover - I'm loathe to replace carpet which is good quality on its own is not too horrid, esp as can cover with a nicer rug.

But what can I do about the woodwork and radiator - do I need to strip it or can I paint over it and would either of these things involve lifting the carpet and if so is this actually possible (it seems to be pretty fir,y stuck).

Or should we just re-carpet - not sure how much this would cost for a 10ft by 10ft room.

Wise DIYers - I need your help.

wonkylegs Wed 26-Feb-14 15:06:48

I've just painted over very dark brown varnished woodwork and red emulsioned walls with white gloss and emulsion. It wasn't the easiest but it looks great.
For the woodwork I used dulux trade undercoat followed by 2 coats of dulux trade gloss (watch out for drips) - it gives a very high gloss white finish. The undercoat makes a huge difference.
For the walls I used brilliant white emulsion - it took 4/5 coats but looks great now.

JazzAnnNonMouse Wed 26-Feb-14 15:15:30

Use brilliant white gloss
- primer first!!

Dulux trade is best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now