Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom White with ? highlight colour?

(7 Posts)
MyCatIsFat Tue 25-Feb-14 21:44:17

New bathroom will be white. White suite, 3 x full height white tiled walls and one tiled to half height in white tiles.

That leaves a small stretch of wall approz 2m long and 1m high on which I can have some colour. There's a large mirror on this wall so very little surface space.

I'm thinking of Dulux Mango www.wickes.co.uk/vinyl-matt-paint-mango-25l/invt/214451/

or Golden Goose www.wickes.co.uk/chalky-flat-matt-golden-goose-25l/invt/213953/

Or should I just play safe with Spearmint www.wickes.co.uk/invt/213792

It's such a small area I think I could be quite bold with colour?

7to25 Tue 25-Feb-14 21:53:44

It doesn't really work like that though. You are "unbalancing" the room with a strong colour that is quite a large percentage of the total wall area.
Spearmint.

MyCatIsFat Tue 25-Feb-14 21:56:20

OK. I didn't see it that way. I thought a bright colour would be a good contrast to all that glaring white. So you think something less strong than an orange is required?

7to25 Tue 25-Feb-14 21:59:30

It is up to you, just be aware that it may not look like you anticipate.
Could you balance the colour on the white side of the room?

MyCatIsFat Tue 25-Feb-14 22:08:05

Not really. The other side is floor to ceiling white tiles. The only options for balancing it would be shower curtain, blind (but I really want that white too as it'll be there for a long time and I may change the colour in the future) towels or flooring.

Cornflower blue looks quite good - not as dramatic as orange and not as weak as Spearmint.

noddyholder Wed 26-Feb-14 09:40:52

I would go for a deep colour but not the spearmint it is very dated looking What is the rest of your house like in terms of colour? I do like the mango

MyCatIsFat Wed 26-Feb-14 11:20:52

The rest of the house is all neutrals - white walls, wood floors, cream kitchen, grey kitchen floor tiles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now