Talk

Advanced search

IKEA kitchens - need 635 or 650 cm deep worktops

(7 Posts)
PattyMcGinty Mon 24-Feb-14 09:54:07

we've almost chosen our new IKEA kitchen and don't really want their worktop (we're thinking stone or Nobilia laminate). The designer at IKEA said the worktop needed to be 635 or 650 and that was an unusual size for other suppliers to be able to fit.

Is this going to cause problems (kitchen novice here). I'm about to email the Nobilia supplier but we haven't looked at any stone suppliers so I wouldn't know who to contact.

iggymama Mon 24-Feb-14 11:16:35

No idea about stone but laminate worktops are readily available in 665mm wide breakfast bar. This what I plan to use, so I don't have to worry about pipes behind the cabinets. The extra deep worktop will be handy, more space to spread out my mess.

strongandlong Mon 24-Feb-14 11:22:43

I used a non-ikea worktop with no problems. <goes off to find tape measure>

strongandlong Mon 24-Feb-14 11:24:35

Just choose a random stone supplier and ask the question - I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

I doubt you'll have a problem...

PattyMcGinty Mon 24-Feb-14 11:25:28

thanks iggymama, I didn't know that.

strongandlong - IKEA has a new range of kitchens and the sizes are different from, say last year.

Mrsladybirdface Mon 24-Feb-14 19:37:07

ohhhhhhhhh! please can you tekl me how you get on with Nobilia, I really want one of their worktops but trying to trace a supplier is proving difficult.

You can deffo get laminate in breakfast bar sizes and cut down.

PattyMcGinty Mon 24-Feb-14 19:39:52

Mrsladybirdface - it looks great doesn't it. Some Homebase Stores are stocking it. I sent an email to the German website and they told me. I haven't been to see it there yet but did see it in Habitat (they won't sell the worktop only)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now