Talk

Advanced search

Undermount / inset sinks please help.

(10 Posts)
Sarahjk12 Sat 22-Feb-14 13:35:29

Hi
We have currently ordered a franke lsx611 inset sink with drainer. This sits slightly under Worksop but is effectively on top of the Worktop.

I'm thinking of changing to a full undermount sink but a lot don't have drainer and I don't like the idea of a drainer been cut into the granite for water to run off,

Any ideas pls I have less than a week to change it!

OnePlanOnHouzz Sat 22-Feb-14 17:04:38

You get more useable work surface with under mount bowls - and assuming you have a DW then I would imagine that you don't wash much up by hand ?! so you could lay a tea towel out and drain on that ?!
... change to under mount - it's a better option !!!

Piscivorus Sat 22-Feb-14 17:22:02

I had a sink like the Franke one in my last kitchen and have an undermounted one with drainer grooves in granite in this one. Both good. I think as OnePlan said the key is do you need the work surface space?

audrey01 Sat 22-Feb-14 23:49:06

We have an undermount Franke stainless steel sink like [[ http://kitchensinksandtaps.co.uk/peak-pkx-110-55-stainless-steel-sink/4083 this]] and we decided against any drainer grooves in the worktop. We bought the sink accessory from Franke, the Rollamat, which is basically a drainer rack that sits on top of the sink and you can roll it up when not in use. Like this.

Sarahjk12 Sun 23-Feb-14 07:54:22

This is great advice thank you!
Decided to go with franke undermount- do you all have a big sink or a 1.5 bowl just wondering If I need the .5 bowl?

I have seen the roll out mat- do you put that in your work surface? We are going to have a dishwasher but I'm thinking I will still need to wash grill pans etc

Sarahjk12 Sun 23-Feb-14 07:55:41

Oh and do you have stainless steel undermount?

intheround Sun 23-Feb-14 07:58:01

We find the extra half bowl really useful.

audrey01 Sun 23-Feb-14 18:43:51

We didn't go for the half bowl, because I found I didn't use it that much before and I mainly wanted a sink big enough to wash an oven tray, for example, something that I couldn't do in a dishwasher or in the one and half bowl sink I used to have. Yes, we went for a stainless steel undermount sink in the end.

JaneBabez2014 Thu 27-Feb-14 16:22:16

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

scarygreenfairy Thu 27-Feb-14 16:41:41

I've heard really bad things about the appliance depot eg they are doing so badly that they actually employ people to spam on websites and pretend they are customers. It's such a sign of desperation don't you think JaneBabez2014?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now