Talk

Advanced search

renovating tiny bathroom whirlpool question

(12 Posts)
sweetiepie1979 Fri 21-Feb-14 00:07:48

We are doing the bathroom it's the worst room in house. Small long and bad bad deformation a damp problem. It's going to Be a
Big project. The bathroom is too small fonts regular bath and we have opted for a Pegasus deep tub 2 seater. I have spd since giving birth
3 months ago and a painful sacrollic joint
So we are looking at the whirlpool
Option probably 22 jets. Does anyone have it or something like it? Does it help muscles? Does it give a sense of well being as described cause I feel like shit and could be doing with a better sense of well being.

sweetiepie1979 Fri 21-Feb-14 00:08:46

Deformation was meant to say decor

Andypipkin Fri 21-Feb-14 05:40:22

They are very loud, difficult to clean and the novelty wears off after the second bath. Sorry to piss on your parade.

sweetiepie1979 Fri 21-Feb-14 07:58:57

Mmh ok. When you say clean do you mean the actual tub or the pipes. It's a pretty good one in terms of pipe work and hygiene and cleanliness. The noise could be annoying though I'll look in to that thanks

OnePlanOnHouzz Fri 21-Feb-14 08:35:19

save the money that you would have spent on the whirlpool bit and use it to pay for domestic home help - ie a cleaner . that way you can relax while someone else tackles the day to day cleaning for a good few months - to allow your body a chance to heal ! you can always buy a bubble Matt to put in the bath if you really want !

sweetiepie1979 Fri 21-Feb-14 13:05:19

Ok thanks for that. No one any positive stories then?

Sorry, I also came on to say that the one we had in our previous house never got used. It was really loud - think someone hoovering in the same room as you - not v relaxing!
And the bubbles were v vigorous, even on the lowest setting. On the highest setting, they nearly splashed as high as the ceiling hmm

MummytoMog Fri 21-Feb-14 13:34:02

I think a deep tub is a great idea, but whirlpool baths are horrible - we had one in a holiday home and it was terrifyingly loud and uncomfortable. Spend the extra money on getting someone to come to your house to give you lovely relaxing back massages instead.

OldBeanbagz Fri 21-Feb-14 13:40:33

Deep baths are great but whirlpool tubs are noisy and not as relaxing as you think they ought to be.

And as for what happens when the DC put loads of bubble bath in...

puffylovett Fri 21-Feb-14 14:42:45

And if you don't regularly clean the jets, the amount of scum that comes out when you turn it on is disgusting...

(I was so excited when we moved in to have a whirlpool bath - now I hate the bloody thing. I've never got out of a bath so fast after switching it on for the first time!!)

Hitmonlee Fri 21-Feb-14 18:04:31

We have one it was in the house when we bought it.

I clean mine with a mop so I don't hurt my back trying to stretch over to clean it.

One thing I did find when pregnant with SPD was that it was difficult to climb in and out of as it was deeper than a normal bath so had to have a handrail fitted to help me get in and out.

My DH loves it so much that when we renovated the house recently it was the only thing he insisted we kept. He has back problems and finds it really good when his muscles are tight.

sweetiepie1979 Fri 21-Feb-14 20:12:46

Ok that's all good to know. The one we are looking g at is termed ad 3rd generation so it's supposed to be very hygienic. Cleaning seems to me you just put s tablet in every time you use it and rinse it through then there is another one fir every few months that cleans the ppipes. Is that the one you are all talking about or ate you all referringbtoi older models? Thanks for all comments so far please keep them coming

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now