Talk

Advanced search

where can I find a modern laminate TV stand/ cabinet?

(11 Posts)
Dollydowser Thu 20-Feb-14 23:42:31

I am looking for a unit to put the TV on, something modern in a gloss laminate, in a cream/ stone/ beige colour. Needs to be 116cm wide or less.

I like the ones on this website but they are all too wide (and expensive) or like this one but it only comes in black.

I have googled for hours, checked all the usual high street stores, but come up with nothing. Can anyone give me any pointers for other places/ websites to look at please?

Fontofnowt Thu 20-Feb-14 23:45:52

Checked ikea?

Dollydowser Thu 20-Feb-14 23:49:12

Yes, I even went twice because I couldn't believe they didn't have anything!

mabelbabel Fri 21-Feb-14 09:39:31

I am lusting after a tv stand from here: www.zespoke.com
Good choice of colours (whatever you like!) but the style is quite particular and may not be to your taste. Worth a look though.

PattyMcGinty Fri 21-Feb-14 09:39:59

Dolly - the Dwell one says it comes in white on the website.

Forago Fri 21-Feb-14 14:31:32

but you can get ones in ikea that look exactly like those Amode ones? Besta I think they are called?

Forago Fri 21-Feb-14 14:35:43

no good?:

www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30269129/
www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S09906423/
www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S29927580/

member Fri 21-Feb-14 14:48:27

www.amazon.co.uk/Alphason-Chromium-Ivory-Stand-inch/dp/B00FLFLI6E

OnePlanOnHouzz Fri 21-Feb-14 21:06:43

there's a company called Lamco in Poole Dorset that make furniture like your links - they will make it to what ever size you like!!!

Dollydowser Fri 21-Feb-14 21:06:46

Thankyou all for your replies.

mabelbabel I like those as a coffee table but need more hidden storage for DVDs etc.

PattyMcGinty I don't want white, needs to be a cream/ beige sort of colour.

Forago unfortunately they are all 120cm or bigger, I need 116cm maximum (it will fit between the wall and fireplace surround).

member I hadn't thought of Amazon, will have a look there.

Irishspice Sat 14-Oct-17 09:54:35

I know I'm very late joining this discussion but I need to warn people NOT to buy from Amode - I had a terrible experience with them a year ago & since discovered that others have also. I paid £2,400 for a dining table that isn't flat & their customer service is shocking!! At first they wouldn't even talk to me & then they just said I accepted it by signing delivery note - pardon me for not getting out the spirit level when you delivered my table!! Their attitude is "sue us". If anybody wants more details please feel free to contact me but I cannot warn you enough don't buy from them!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: