Talk

Advanced search

Why does Sarah Beeny wear those jackets?

(32 Posts)
TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Thu 20-Feb-14 15:30:44

I'm watching Selling Houses on series link the jackets look wronger with every programme

(Of course it may well be me that's wrong about this but they just don't flatter her IMO - I'm sure she'd look better in a less fitted jacket)

noddyholder Thu 20-Feb-14 15:35:00

I love her and am similar shape but she wears some horrors and never washes her hair grin

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Thu 20-Feb-14 15:57:27

Oh I love her too, noddy - she really knows her stuff & she's so nice smile

It's those scenes where she walks towards the camera in the tiny tight jackets with huge lapels straining across her chest - they don't flatter her shape at all

Dillydollydaydream Thu 20-Feb-14 16:05:52

I agree. She's lovely looking but those jackets make her look really wide and don't do anything for her chest.

OnePlanOnHouzz Thu 20-Feb-14 16:21:48

I wonder if she secretly has been reading this - laughing !! Be interesting to think what her pseudonym would be ?!?!
Bakedbeanbabe
Beenfamous
BeenPregnantForWhatSeemsLikeDecades
TheirMyJacketsAndIDontCare !!
Lol - maybe she's one of the regulars !!!

truelymadlysleepy Thu 20-Feb-14 16:53:22

noddy I'm disappointed, I secretly thought you were SB??

2whippetsnobed Thu 20-Feb-14 17:00:03

I remember reading somewhere that she is very large of nork so perhaps is trying to look neat. (quite hard to do with a big chest)

ggirl Thu 20-Feb-14 17:03:23

I can't get past her hair ...just awful

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Thu 20-Feb-14 17:31:15

I know she was either pregnant or breastfeeding for years but I don't think that's true any more so she must just have been left with a lot to deal with, & she has narrow hips relatively which makes her top half look even bigger

But that tight strapped-down look doesn't help at all confused - I reckon she should wear something unstructured & slightly loose instead?

Notify Thu 20-Feb-14 17:50:30

Yes, I think she does it because a baggier top would make her look "fat" rather than just large on top. The jacket shows that she has a slim waist and hips where a baggier top would make her look the same size all the way down.

I'm sure there must be a better way of doing it though. Loose top & a belt?

fussychica Thu 20-Feb-14 19:07:51

I'd get a new hairdresser if I was her - not like she can't afford itgrin - badly cut, badly coloured and give it a wash! Agree the jackets are worse than awful.

2whippetsnobed Thu 20-Feb-14 20:12:24

See I like her precisely because she is slightly disheveled. Makes her seem very normal.

puffylovett Thu 20-Feb-14 23:52:57

Love Sarah, but agree, the jackets are hideous!

I bet she's stood her ground against channel 4 stylists - I bet she just wears them because she loves them, she can, and doesn't give a hoot what anyone else thinks!

Mrswellyboot Thu 20-Feb-14 23:59:31

I love her, she is probably my favourite presenter. No bullshit with her. She just gets on with it.

She loves leather jackets and has several in different colours. Read an article on her once.

I also like the messy hair look. Last she's real.

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Fri 21-Feb-14 16:47:19

In the one I watched today she was wearing an unfastened leather blazer-type jacket - that looked much better!

(Also her hair was beautifully shiny when she stood under a light grin - although it still looked a bit messy, it's just her style)

munchie1975 Fri 21-Feb-14 16:55:26

I have often thought the same about the horrid jackets and concluded that maybe she didn't get much of a budget for the programmes and didn't want to ruin her "good" clothes. Imagine my horror when during an episode of "Live at the Apollo" they cut to La Beeny as a celebrity audience member and she was wearing........aforementioned hideous leather jacket! During her leisure time!!

LondonGirl83 Sat 22-Feb-14 17:07:51

Wow, what a catty thread. She is a property developer not a stylist so why judge her based on what she wears? She has kids that if they good her, mean spirited stuff like this will come up.

Leviticus Sat 22-Feb-14 17:12:37

In one episode she wore a leather jacket so tight you could see her nipples!

We all love her Londongirl!

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Sat 22-Feb-14 17:13:35

it wasn't meant to be catty, but by all means take it that way if that's how you judge people

LondonGirl83 Sat 22-Feb-14 17:21:13

That should have read if her kids google her. I am not judging anyone but this is mean. You would absolutely never say this to her face so why say it online. I just don't like it when women are unkind to each other for no good reason.

ihatethecold Sat 22-Feb-14 17:21:49

If she wore a single breasted jacket done up at the waist she would look much better.

MyNameIsKenAdams Sat 22-Feb-14 17:26:12

I love the fact she gets stuck into evrrything. No prissy performance presenting - she is a do-er.

Ok so she isnt super glam, but shes critiquing properties not Britains Next Top Model.

I love it when the families dont take her advice and are all the worse for it.

LondonGirl83 Sat 22-Feb-14 17:31:13

Me too! She is fab and some of the stuff she taught people on her show regarding in-tumescent paint etc actually came in handy when were dealing with building control. I've learned things from her than neither my architect or builder were aware of.

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Sat 22-Feb-14 17:41:10

You would absolutely never say this to her face so why say it online

How do you know what any of us would say to her face?

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Sat 22-Feb-14 17:42:02

I am not judging anyone but this is mean. ...I just don't like it when women are unkind to each other for no good reason

You are judging us as mean & unkind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now