Talk

Advanced search

Is there such a thing as nice downlights ?

(9 Posts)
PattyMcGinty Thu 20-Feb-14 10:24:30

We're having the whole house re-wired and new lighting put in. Our ceilings are 2.4 metres/8ft high and as such I think they are a bit low for a nice pendant (we'd need two as it's a long room)

I generally don't like those holes in the ceilings but think that's what we are going to need (with lots of floor and table lamps which we'll probably use) but is there such a thing as nice downlights?

MummytoMog Thu 20-Feb-14 10:36:40

To my mind, no. But you can get very unobtrusive spotlights, and make sure they're LED rather than halogen, or they'll cost a fortune to run.

We felt a couple of our ceilings wouldn't look right with pendants, so we have a spot bar on the slanty ceiling in the kitchen diner (John Lewis and moderately attractive) and we have some nice Ikea flush ceiling lights in the hallways, which give a good diffuse lighting.

www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90176047/

www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-plymouth-4-spotlight-bar/p356476

MaryShelley Thu 20-Feb-14 17:59:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PattyMcGinty Thu 20-Feb-14 22:05:06

Mary, I thought "flush" and "pendant" were almost opposite. Where are they (please please)d

PattyMcGinty Fri 21-Feb-14 09:52:03

Calling Mary...

MaryShelley Fri 21-Feb-14 20:57:21

MaryShelley Fri 21-Feb-14 21:02:59

PattyMcGinty Fri 21-Feb-14 22:34:14

ooh Mary they're nice and I think that the Castlegatelights one especially would be good. Thanks a lot thanks

MaryShelley Sat 22-Feb-14 08:04:55

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now