Talk

Advanced search

New boiler, pipes and radiators

(8 Posts)
Thegoatprophecy Wed 19-Feb-14 20:56:49

Just asked a plumber for a quote on a new oil boiler, pipework and radiators for a 5 bed house. I have asked him to quote for the whole house and half as one half is heated by a little oil stove. Any idea of a ball park figure to be expecting? I am sitting down! Also any tips would be appreciated smile

Thegoatprophecy Wed 19-Feb-14 20:57:50

Oh apparently the pipework is already in place to slot in a boiler but the plumber gentleman said that it would be more efficient to have new radiators... thanks

Pinkje Wed 19-Feb-14 22:32:23

Including a hot water pressurised system? Maybe between 5 and 7 thousand?

We're budgeting for 10k for our 5 bed house but that's including UFH in kitchen extension and fancy redroduction style radiators and 3 bathrooms.

Thegoatprophecy Thu 20-Feb-14 00:01:30

Oh gracious that much :0
I guess it would need to be pressurised??
Ah well I don't want anything as fancy as yours ;)
Hmm maybe I should look into solar instead agh
Thanks!

PigletJohn Thu 20-Feb-14 00:09:55

If you already have a hot water cylinder, you haven't got to go to pressurised hot water (e.g. a Megaflo) especially if the cost is a concern. You might bear it mind for the future though.

NonnoMum Thu 20-Feb-14 00:15:42

Shamelessly bumping...

Thegoatprophecy Thu 20-Feb-14 00:40:31

Thank you, there is already an electric immersion cylinder and I don't use much hot water so maybe it would be OK without? Thanks again

PigletJohn Thu 20-Feb-14 08:41:29

Gas is much quicker and cheaper than electricity for hot water. I don't know the calculation for oil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now