Talk

Advanced search

Buyers surveyor has been here for 7 hrs now!!!

(16 Posts)
Flossiechops Tue 18-Feb-14 16:09:33

God help me - if they still buy the house it will be a miracle. They are cash buyers so I understand they wanted an all singing all dancing survey but isn't it a bit much. He's been here since 9am & shows no sign of leaving. I think I may charge him for my time shock

BobaFetaCheese Tue 18-Feb-14 16:26:51

Have you got a Narnia wardrobe?

Hope he's off soon!

Solo Tue 18-Feb-14 16:38:24

Blimey! that seems excessive!

MisForMumNotMaid Tue 18-Feb-14 16:40:53

Makes note; begging letters must go to Flossiechops she must live in a mansion.

My last surveyor took 30 mins in property then we sat and drank tea for an hour.

OddFodd Tue 18-Feb-14 16:41:03

Do you live in the Addams Family mansion or something?!

NotCitrus Tue 18-Feb-14 16:45:29

Is it a full structural survey and an older house? Our surveyor spent all day on ours - standard 4 bed semi, in need of work. Think he stayed until 7pm, but it was empty so not a problem for anyone else.

Flossiechops Tue 18-Feb-14 16:46:16

I wish I did! He's a jobs worth I think and likes to talk & talk & talk. Goodness me he's showing no signs of finishing. Surely it's a bit excessive to take up a full day? The house is 106 yrs old do there's bound to be tons wrong with it. All the doors are wonky & he's measuring the gaps shock

Flossiechops Tue 18-Feb-14 16:47:50

Yes notcitrus it's Edwardian. Shouldn't need loads of work as we've done a lot. I do understand the buyers wanting it but it seems like an intrusion for a whole day. Oh well hopefully he will be off soon smile

Dillydollydaydream Wed 19-Feb-14 13:12:17

Wow. That's thorough. When did he leave?

poorbuthappy Wed 19-Feb-14 13:14:00

I bet you are looking forward to the next letter from your buyers aren't you?? grin

TooMuchRain Wed 19-Feb-14 14:06:10

Get his card though - sounds very thorough!

eggsandwich Wed 19-Feb-14 16:44:42

Ask him if he's staying for Christmas dinner!

Flossiechops Wed 19-Feb-14 17:56:38

He FINALLY left at 6pm a full 9hrs worth. He did say there was nothing major - bits to do with the roof & flashing. I can't help but think the report will be as thick as the bible and the buyers will run for the hills. He was even trying the shower door (consequently the handle broke on it last wk). I'm not expert but surely this is excessive? Well he was thorough that's for sure. Not looking forward to the repercussions!

MaryShelley Wed 19-Feb-14 18:34:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Flossiechops Wed 19-Feb-14 19:14:23

I know mary, I completely appreciate it plus they are paying cash so it makes even more sense. I suppose with a house that would built in 1908 you would want to make sure it was a sound investment.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Wed 19-Feb-14 19:17:05

Well, on the bright side, if he spent that long thoroughly inspecting every minute detail & came to the conclusion that "there is not much wrong with it" then I think you can safely say "there is not much wrong with it" grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now