Talk

Advanced search

Replacing downstairs toilet and sink

(6 Posts)
vj32 Mon 17-Feb-14 19:22:37

OK, what do I need to think about when redoing a downstairs cloakroom. Ideally it should include storage to hide cleaning stuff from little hands.

We recently replaced a bath and it was very traumatic as I stupidly thought there couldn't be much difference between baths, and then we wanted a mid-range one which is very hard to get hold of - easy to get a really cheap bath or a really expensive one!

Do similar traumas await with toilets and sinks?

lessonsintightropes Mon 17-Feb-14 19:59:37

Marking place, as we'll want to do the same on our new place!

TitsalinaBumSquash Mon 17-Feb-14 20:01:35

Place marking. smile

We want to do this soon.

Liara Mon 17-Feb-14 20:04:48

It should be fairly straightforward. Just check your measurements (some toilets are much 'deeper' than others. I would not advise changing the position of the toilet.

Liara Mon 17-Feb-14 20:06:01

Ah, also check whether the waste pipe is behind or below. And the position of the water feed could be different too, but most likely to be standard.

OnePlanOnHouzz Mon 17-Feb-14 20:36:25

take photos of the existing - and not just 'normal' photos - take them of the plumbing areas too and then hit the shops and shop around ! lots of places have showrooms so you can see the product before you buy !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now