Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any estate agents out there?

(6 Posts)
Flopsygrowsup Sat 15-Feb-14 21:55:48

Hi just interested - we have put our house on market this week and we have had 5 viewings with more to come. I wondered if as an experienced estate agent you "know" who's going to buy a house. I used to be a nurse and "knew" who would do well and who wouldn't

JetSetWilly Sat 15-Feb-14 22:03:20

What an interesting question I hope you get replies. Good luck with the house sale smile

Flopsygrowsup Sat 15-Feb-14 22:05:31

Thanks

hyperspacebug Sat 15-Feb-14 22:09:22

I think estate agents will know some buyers who are looking for property before they send viewers to your property. We've been looking for a property for months so we are already kinda known to the local estate agents and based on which houses we've not offered on after viewing and which houses we've lost out in bids, they probably already know what we want.

But based on viewer's behaviour during viewing...I don't know. We've offered on 1 house that I didn't fall in love with and I wasn't enthusiastic during viewing but I knew the location was perfect.

MeanMrsMustard Sat 15-Feb-14 22:12:29

Interesting.
We had an open day at our flat today. Our estate agents rang me on Thursday to say that 'the couple who are going to buy your flat cant make the time slot' and asked if they could come an hour early.
We were out of phone contact all day, so no idea how things went with that couple. Ill let you know on Monday!

Stokey Sun 16-Feb-14 14:50:28

I did viewings myself for my flat as went through on line agent and knew the first couple would offer because they asked all the right questions and looked round properly going back to rooms they had been in before. Had two other offers and wasn't surprised by either of those either, think you can tell by how they look around how serious they are. The people who didn't make offers who came to see it hardly asked me any questions, and looked round much more quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now