Talk

Advanced search

Plug under the sink

(6 Posts)
BitWorriedNow Sat 15-Feb-14 09:57:43

I am getting told different things.

I was told it is fine to keep the plug for the dishwasher as it is, and then told by someone else it should be moved under the sink in the unit. hmm

BitWorriedNow Sat 15-Feb-14 09:58:46

Sorry, do I have to get the plug moved under the sink or can I leave it behind the wall, it is not near water where it is at present and there are no issues with the plug reaching from the kitchen appliance.

PigletJohn Sat 15-Feb-14 10:29:46

It is not "illegal" but I do not think it is a very good idea. One day you will have a water leak.

Also, the appliance must have a means of isolation readily available for maintenance or in an emergency. Hidden away in a cupboard and concealed behind your bleach and bucket means it is out of sight and not readily accessible.

InsertUsernameHere Sat 15-Feb-14 10:39:15

What we have is the socket right behind the dishwasher, but the switch for the socket up high and accessible (like you do for a cooker or oven).

BitWorriedNow Sat 15-Feb-14 10:47:29

Ummm hmm thank you.

I wonder now if the main Electric box needs replacing too as they say.

They did say they would send around an electrician to check this all out before going ahead with the installation.

PigletJohn Sat 15-Feb-14 11:29:20

InsertUsernameHere

that is IMO the best of all methods.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now