Talk

Advanced search

Wall handrail for townhouse

(4 Posts)
rollingpastryagain Fri 14-Feb-14 08:14:59

We need some new handrails for our 1960s townhouse but googling doesn't really show me much.

Can anyone recommend anywhere? The only options I'm coming across are boring wooden ones. We'd prefer something lighter looking; it's a narrow space.

MyICDiscalledsparky Fri 14-Feb-14 09:01:29

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless-Brushed-Steel-Metal-Stair-Bannister-Handrail-/400318329091?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item5d34d4f103

We got one like this for a small set of stairs.

Canipleaseaskwhatyouddo Fri 14-Feb-14 10:28:17

That's interesting (to me, at least!)

MyICD - is it cold? we need a new bannister - but it will be long - and I suggested a metal one by my DH said it would be too cold and wants wood. I think steel looks smart.

MyICDiscalledsparky Sat 15-Feb-14 14:08:34

Nö it's not cold but it is quite near a radiator. We have it in the entrance hall where we just have a couple of steps up to the kitchen. Our older parents both struggled there without a rail and I just looked for a short handrail we could put up. We have it in a one metre length and I am happy with how it looks and think it looks quite smart and neat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now