Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen sink infront of deep set window?

(5 Posts)
wigglybeezer Thu 13-Feb-14 17:48:02

The obvious place for a sink in my proposed new kitchen layout is in front of the window, however, it is a deep set Victorian sash that would start below the work surface and is too narrow to fit a sink and drainer into, so I would have an annoying gap and have to reach over a metre to clean or open the window.

Should I do it, or site my sink in further from the work triangle.

BrownSauceSandwich Thu 13-Feb-14 18:08:21

How much do you love the window? We raised the height of the window sill in our kitchen... Yes, yes, it's an original feature lost, but our kitchen is so small that optimising the space had to take priority. If the window had been more prominent from the outside, I might have reconsidered.

redshoespurplehat Mon 17-Feb-14 13:38:54

can you put a window seat there and have your sink somewhere else. will be nice to have a seat in the kitchen

beginnings Mon 17-Feb-14 13:45:33

My DM has this arrangement and keeps herbs and small plants behind the sink. Her window is always clean! Can't call her right now but place marking so that I can come back later once I've asked her how she manages it!

wigglybeezer Mon 17-Feb-14 14:46:33

I think I have decided to do a galley kitchen instead of a narrow U shape, with a butcher block trolley I already have sitting in the window bay for extra worktop! I can then have a radiator under the window which will help keep everything warm too. The room will have three doors and two window on different walls as we are knocking a wall down, it is amazing how restricted you can be if you want to keep all essentials handy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now