Talk

Advanced search

selling a flat with no parking

(6 Posts)
TheGreatHunt Thu 13-Feb-14 09:13:19

Hi just wanted some help. We are going to put our flat on the market - it's a conversion so a lot of space. Most flats around here are purpose built. However it doesn't have off or on street parking - you can park a couple of minutes walk away. The upshot is that the nearest train station is less than,5 mins away and in London.
So do we price the flat taking the parking into account or have it higher and accept offers below. I have no idea what premium people put on parking for a flat - we rarely drive and it's a safe area so not a big deal for us.

This really stresses me out!

rollingpastryagain Thu 13-Feb-14 09:21:51

Lots of people in London have no car and no need for a car so I think you are stressing needlessly. Great location having a strain station 5 minutes away. Ours is 20 minutes away and we don't have a car (although we have a driveway!)

TheGreatHunt Thu 13-Feb-14 09:33:08

Thanks for the reassurance. It is a desirable part of London and great transport. It's partly why I want to sell - to cash in any gains and reduce our mortgage by moving somewhere smaller (it is a big flat!)

Spindelina Thu 13-Feb-14 09:39:32

We don't have a car and actively sought out places that didn't come with parking. And we're not even in London! I also think you are stressing needlessly.

Madmog Thu 13-Feb-14 09:48:09

Get the agent to work that out for you. We are in a town and need to bus/walk/drive car everywhere (no easy train link) and a drive apparently adds £10,000 to our price but that doesn't apply to you.

Push the point with the agent you feel it's in a desirable part with great transport links. Might be worth doing a bit of research into where a car could be parked/stored if someone really wanted the use of one and that way it's something the agents can mention if a purchaser is a bit put off.

Whether in London or not, not everyone has a car - I didn't when I bought my first flat.

TheGreatHunt Thu 13-Feb-14 17:38:52

Thanks all. We're getting it valued in the next few weeks so let's see what happens!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now