Talk

Advanced search

I NEED this DeVOL Air kitchen but I can't afford it.........who knows of a similar (cheaper) alternative?

(9 Posts)
kitsmummy Wed 12-Feb-14 13:22:55

thing of beauty

God I just love the kitchen. The beautiful simplicity, the handleless style, the v thin corian worktop.

I'm not bothered about the curves so not looking to replicate that but I absolutely love the plain units,the wood edging, basically everything about it. But I'll never be able to afford it.

I have a local carpenter who does fantastic inframe wooden kitchens and have always used him before, but I don't think this probably veneered perfection would translate well to a wooden, painted kitchen would it?

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 12-Feb-14 13:30:13

Ooooooh, that's lovely. The curves are what make it for me.

I think a wood finish (possibly not a painted wood) would be great too. Would the Carpenter be able to make the curves? <clueless>

When we were looking at work tops last year all of the thin finishes were silly money. You think they'd be cheaper what with there being less of it!

LondonGirl83 Wed 12-Feb-14 13:31:08

A carpenter can definitely replicate that. Have a word with him but the carpenter we used had very modern styles in his portfolio including ones not too different to the one you posted (excluding the curves).

kitsmummy Wed 12-Feb-14 13:39:29

My carpenter can't make the curves (I've asked him). He's a retired policeman who's great with wood, so he's fab at making wooden painted kitchens but his skill doesn't really extend beyond that iykwim.

Don't you think the doors would most probably have a veneered or some sort of plasticy (technical term!) finish? Is that something that a lot of carpenters can do? You can probably tell I haven't a clue!

Gutted about thin worktop cost, I thought they may cost less too!

annalouiseh Wed 12-Feb-14 15:12:22

The doors will be a MDF - spray painted matt lacquer.
20mm worktops in quartz are the same or less in price

Daisybell1 Wed 12-Feb-14 19:22:22

Can Paul at Evo Kitchen s help? I know he can arrange completely bespoke if necessary.

kitsmummy Wed 12-Feb-14 19:53:37

Thanks Daisy, I think Paul at Evo is Annalouise's DH, I think I will be in touch with him at some point!

Ps Anna, I've had the DeVOL brochure through and the doors are made of rolled aluminium on a laminated curved oak frame! confused

Chunkamatic Thu 13-Feb-14 23:20:40

I'm having kitchen doors made from MDF and then spray painted and the effect is pretty much the same as laminated doors. No one need know they're not rolled aluminium!

annalouiseh Sat 15-Feb-14 20:19:22

He can do the curved edged doors in a matt lacquer to your colour with a veneered surrounding (of your choice) as the link. can also do a veneered handleless rail also
Not heard of the rolled aluminum though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now