Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom taps - anyone have experience of Vado taps/showers?

(9 Posts)
Loueytb3 Wed 12-Feb-14 11:31:50

Does anyone have any experience of Vado taps and showers? We are trying to choose between an Aqualisa shower (which is more expensive) vs the Vado system that the bathroom shop have suggested as the shower/taps will all match. They certainly look nice and they are not cheap but I don't have any idea about whether they are any good and whether we would be better off spending the extra on an Aqualisa digital shower.

specialsubject Wed 12-Feb-14 12:26:03

got Vado taps as part of the deal for our bathroom. Seem fine.

Loueytb3 Thu 13-Feb-14 08:52:23

Thanks. How long have you had them specialsubject?

Anyone else have any experience with them?

Hairytoes Fri 14-Feb-14 08:15:14

I've just used them for our bathroom, we have the Synergie range.

If you live in a hard water area I would stay well clear, you are not supposed to clean them with any bathroom products at all just a soft cloth.
They look fantastic until you start using them, every single time they are touched leaves fingerprints. I also have a problem with an unidentified substance leaking out from the top of mine which nobody can seem to solve. Vado have been helpful, but the problem is still there.

Loueytb3 Mon 17-Feb-14 09:24:35

Although we do live in a hard water area, we have a water softener so hopefully that gets rid of the worst marks. I'm interested in the fingerprints issue though - isn't that an issue with all those types of taps? I have to go back to the shop so I'll wander around and see if I can see any difference.

PigletJohn Mon 17-Feb-14 10:55:49

I don't think you can beat Aquilisa for quality.

Try to get a surface mounted not a sunken shower, so you won't have to rip half the wall down to get it out when it goes wrong. Some Aquilisas have a recessed pocket they fit in, but look very carefully at the one you have in mind.

Loueytb3 Mon 17-Feb-14 14:13:34

Thank you PigletJohn. The one we are looking at is Aqualisa rise which I'm told has a pocket with the cabling it so if it goes wrong it's easy to fix. Allegedly.

PigletJohn Mon 17-Feb-14 15:05:48

ha ha, a thousand quid for a shower!

it does appear to be recessed behind the tiles, which I am not keen on. I expect you think it looks better than a surface mount shower.

Loueytb3 Mon 17-Feb-14 17:30:07

Yes - its definitely not cheap!

The guy in the shop sadd that the panel pops out and there is just a cable which goes into the loft (in our case) so its easy to get to if there is a problem. I will double check that though.

I do prefer the look of the ones with the recessed controls rather than them being out on display. But I know that might come at a cost if it ever breaks. Mind you, the aqualisa shower we have in our other bathroom (which was put in before we moved in) has been going for 10+ years without any problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now