Talk

Advanced search

buyer coming round for another viewing

(15 Posts)
soverylucky Tue 11-Feb-14 17:08:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blueuggboots Tue 11-Feb-14 17:10:46

It's normal. smile
I was worried when my buyers DIDN'T come back!!

cupcake78 Tue 11-Feb-14 17:12:42

Possibly just to consider what can go where etc. I wouldn't be worried by this.

ShoeWhore Tue 11-Feb-14 17:17:14

We asked for this so we could measure windows for blinds and curtains and get really excited

specialsubject Tue 11-Feb-14 17:20:35

perfectly normal. Final check before exchange (quite reasonable) and also to see what they want to do to it and maybe measure up for stuff.

Rooners Tue 11-Feb-14 17:35:15

They may have had some info from the survey that they want to check out in person.

We could be your buyers - if so it was basically to measure up, we really want the property BUT the survey highlighted some rather expensive issues and so we have had to drop our offer - only by a couple of grand, but the surveyor will have estimated value in the report so bear in mind that is a possibility.

We're more nervous than you are I think though grin worried our seller will say no to our lower offer. Have already forked out for survey etc. so don't want to lose it.

Good luck!

MaryShelley Tue 11-Feb-14 19:52:14

TunipTheUnconquerable Tue 11-Feb-14 20:10:24

We could be your buyers too. We've visited twice so far and we need to go again with a copy of the survey in our hands.
Actually, it's mainly because we think the surveyor is being overcautious, and we want to convince ourselves that it's not as bad as he thinks. The alternative to us going would be us taking everything he says at face value and trying to renegotiate based on that.

spotty26 Tue 11-Feb-14 20:11:48

Normal. They are probably excited and want to measure up

ohhifruit Tue 11-Feb-14 20:12:03

We're hoping to go back again just so we can measure up and decide how much cleaning/painting we'll need to do before we move in with the DC.

Breathe!

soverylucky Tue 11-Feb-14 20:58:47

MyICDiscalledsparky Wed 12-Feb-14 00:15:40

Normal, we had this just before exchange. I thought they were about to pull out but all went through ok. Think it was just first time buyers being advised to look one last time before committing themselves to it.

HaveToWearHeels Wed 12-Feb-14 10:43:32

We are in the process of buying a property and are due to exchange next week. We have just asked to go back round to measure up for curtains and blinds and carpets and flooring. The property will be a BTL so we need it to be ready to go as soon as. You aren't our vendor are you ? If you are don't worry we are not about to pull out grin

Lucylouby Wed 12-Feb-14 14:04:27

We took my mum and the children to the second viewing, so the kids could see their new home and we could all get excited about it. We measured lots of stuff and noted things that would need to be purchased (our fridge was bigger than the fridge gap in the kitchen for example), thought more about how our furniture would fit in. It is really hard to remember stuff abut houses especially if you view a couple on the same day, they can become a bit blurry in your mind, so good to clarify in your head the house you are actually buying!

Poppy7 Wed 12-Feb-14 14:09:53

Would also say this is normal. In fact, our sellers invited us round for coffee a couple of times to discuss logistics and let us measure up etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now