Advanced search

Cost of John Lewis kitchen?

(11 Posts)
pistachio Tue 11-Feb-14 11:02:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pistachio Wed 12-Feb-14 08:48:51

lurkingmurking Wed 12-Feb-14 09:43:33

I'd be really interested to know too. I went to Ikea to see the new kitchens and they are disappointingly 'veneery'. I adore the JL ones.

lurkingmurking Wed 12-Feb-14 09:44:52

I've never heard of Mereway - there is a showroom really near us so I will go and do some investigating

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Wed 12-Feb-14 09:49:50

I haven't had an official quote, but did speak to one of their advisors about 3 weeks ago. If you are able to go to JL, depending on the branch, they have kitchen examples and a rough price estimate for a standard number of cabinets shown. The chap in there said it would be about �11k for what I wanted, which was basically a fairly long row of units for a galley kitchen. IIRC that didn't include appliances or worktop.

You should be able to download a catalogue and price list here:

www.johnlewis.com/our-services/john-lewis-fitted-kitchens

kmdesign Fri 14-Feb-14 07:31:27

JL continental range is a mereway kitchen which is available from many independents.

You will be able to get a much better German product for similar or less money than anything from Mereway. IMO Mereway is at best a mediocre product.

Deux Fri 14-Feb-14 10:26:40

I agree with kmdesign based on my experience.

I had a kitchen priced up by JLP, don't remember the range but mid priced. No quartz or anything fancy.

Bought a German kitchen, Hacker Systemat, instead and quartz worktops and top of the range Siemens appliances from an independent for +£3k over the JLP bog standard one.

So my advice is don't be put off by swanky looking independent showrooms, give them a go. You might be surprised as I was. In fact I couldn't even find my appliances cheaper online.

snailsontour Fri 14-Feb-14 17:16:08

We were quoted £26k from JL. A Pronorm German kitchen from a local independent came in about £10k less - including granite.

kmdesign Fri 14-Feb-14 17:48:14

Thanks for your inputs.

Give the German brands a go. They offer fabulous quality at very competitive prices.

pistachio Sat 15-Feb-14 10:46:52

lurkingmurking Sat 15-Feb-14 13:03:40

Pistachio I went to JL this morning and she gave me a cost comparison leaflet. Their classic collection range is stunning.

Can anyone recommend a good independent in London who would stock a shaker style german kitchen?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now