Advanced search

Cost of John Lewis kitchen?

(11 Posts)
pistachio Tue 11-Feb-14 11:02:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pistachio Wed 12-Feb-14 08:48:51

lurkingmurking Wed 12-Feb-14 09:43:33

I'd be really interested to know too. I went to Ikea to see the new kitchens and they are disappointingly 'veneery'. I adore the JL ones.

lurkingmurking Wed 12-Feb-14 09:44:52

I've never heard of Mereway - there is a showroom really near us so I will go and do some investigating

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Wed 12-Feb-14 09:49:50

I haven't had an official quote, but did speak to one of their advisors about 3 weeks ago. If you are able to go to JL, depending on the branch, they have kitchen examples and a rough price estimate for a standard number of cabinets shown. The chap in there said it would be about �11k for what I wanted, which was basically a fairly long row of units for a galley kitchen. IIRC that didn't include appliances or worktop.

You should be able to download a catalogue and price list here:

www.johnlewis.com/our-services/john-lewis-fitted-kitchens

kmdesign Fri 14-Feb-14 07:31:27

JL continental range is a mereway kitchen which is available from many independents.

You will be able to get a much better German product for similar or less money than anything from Mereway. IMO Mereway is at best a mediocre product.

Deux Fri 14-Feb-14 10:26:40

I agree with kmdesign based on my experience.

I had a kitchen priced up by JLP, don't remember the range but mid priced. No quartz or anything fancy.

Bought a German kitchen, Hacker Systemat, instead and quartz worktops and top of the range Siemens appliances from an independent for +£3k over the JLP bog standard one.

So my advice is don't be put off by swanky looking independent showrooms, give them a go. You might be surprised as I was. In fact I couldn't even find my appliances cheaper online.

snailsontour Fri 14-Feb-14 17:16:08

We were quoted £26k from JL. A Pronorm German kitchen from a local independent came in about £10k less - including granite.

kmdesign Fri 14-Feb-14 17:48:14

Thanks for your inputs.

Give the German brands a go. They offer fabulous quality at very competitive prices.

pistachio Sat 15-Feb-14 10:46:52

lurkingmurking Sat 15-Feb-14 13:03:40

Pistachio I went to JL this morning and she gave me a cost comparison leaflet. Their classic collection range is stunning.

Can anyone recommend a good independent in London who would stock a shaker style german kitchen?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: