Advanced search

Is it very odd to have heard nothing in a month since our offer was accepted?

(14 Posts)
Lovepancakes Mon 10-Feb-14 20:19:01

I guess there's a problem if we've heard nothing and nor have our lawyers?
I know it's very odd we haven't been in touch but we are still sorting our finances so don't want to speed things up but we're still very sure/ getting in order for a sale

MaryShelley Mon 10-Feb-14 20:26:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AgathaF Mon 10-Feb-14 20:31:53

Have you spoken to the estate agent?

TunipTheUnconquerable Mon 10-Feb-14 20:34:16

Surely the ball's in your court at that stage, because you have to arrange the survey and any mortgage valuations etc?

If you're worried ring the estate agent.

specialsubject Mon 10-Feb-14 20:56:05

yes, very odd, and if I were your sellers I'd be wondering what you were playing at. Why didn't you have mortgage in principle before offer? Have you booked a survey?

PoshPenny Mon 10-Feb-14 21:02:18

I would be concerned that if the sellers have heard nothing from you and are not chasing you after a month of hearing nothing from you that there may be another prospective buyer about who may beat you to exchange of contracts if you are still "sorting your finances"

Lovepancakes Mon 10-Feb-14 21:20:49

I'm sure the seller must be wondering the same- as no we haven't organised a survey and we're just being as slow as can for a number of reasons i cant go into here.
I think I will just ring and we'll still be fine with the completion time we'd discussed but it's been more stressful than we'd thought.

MaryShelley Mon 10-Feb-14 22:14:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lovepancakes Tue 11-Feb-14 04:33:03

We aren't delaying a sale, and completion date is a long way off which was the sellers' suggestion. At the end of the day despite an element of stress there's no issue this end that will affect the sale . Anyway thanks for your replies, will see where we are

everlong Tue 11-Feb-14 07:13:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HaveToWearHeels Tue 11-Feb-14 09:06:10

Not quite sure why you are asking if it is odd that you haven't heard from the seller when you are the one dragging your feet for your own benefit. As a seller I wouldn't care that we agreed a completion date sometime in the future I would still want to know that everything was proceeding. The time between exchange and completion can be however long you and the seller decide. I exchanged after a month and waited 11 months to complete.
If I was them my house would be back on the market.

Madmog Tue 11-Feb-14 09:39:26

If everyone is serious, there's no reason to delay the paperwork as you can exchange with a long completion date. Make an appointment to arrange your mortgage offer and at the same time, phone agents, tell them this is being actioned and then ask if they can get an idea of when the contract papers will be sent to your solicitor.

schmalex Tue 11-Feb-14 10:37:30

What would you expect to hear?

The first step is to get a survey booked in. If you haven't had a survey booked, and you don't have a mortgage agreed, then the seller can't be expected to do anything as you haven't really shown you're a serious buyer. The ball is in your court.

minibmw2010 Tue 11-Feb-14 12:33:48

The onus is on you as the purchaser to arrange your mortgage in principle and your survey/valuation. If I was the person selling to you I'd want you to get cracking and show some commitment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now