Talk

Advanced search

Price of new kitchen

(12 Posts)
Lilliput Mon 10-Feb-14 16:13:51

We are hoping to change our kitchen this year. We had homebase out today to measure up and chat about what we want.
However I have never bought a new kitchen before so have no idea how much this is going to cost us. I realise it depends what spec and appliances we go for but we won't go cheapo bottom of the range nor swanky top.
How much did your kitchen cost you?

MrsJamin Mon 10-Feb-14 16:52:32

Sounds like you need a quote from a couple of places, as a kitchen can cost anything from a grand upwards! I would look into a fitter who can get trade prices from howdens etc to compare?

SoulJacker Mon 10-Feb-14 18:41:26

3k total including appliances from Ikea

Homebase quote for more or less the same design was 6k not including appliances.

ginzillas Mon 10-Feb-14 20:45:53

We are in the same position as our kitchen is in desperate need of an update. We got a quote from Tesco kitchen - over £8k on a small galley kitchen! And the designer even admitted that there was no point redesigning it as it was already very well laid out.

Seeing as our budget is £2k max, we're now looking into other options - repainting or replacing cupboard doors and flooring. To be honest, it all makes my head hurt a bit....

lookdeepintotheparka Mon 10-Feb-14 20:54:21

8k for Omega kitchen, plastering plus ceiling skimmed, electrics and appliances. Not the cheapest but we didn't want to do any of the work ourselves.

StopSquabbling Mon 10-Feb-14 20:56:29

Ours was about £15k, I think, but that included a new floor and a Rangemaster.

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 11-Feb-14 08:49:58

I had prices ranging from £7k to £45k - all based on the exact same design plan - ended up somewhere in the middle.
the key here is to shop around with one design so you can truly compare like for like ! ask them to price your design and come up with their own take on it too, if you like - but always good to have 'like for like' comparisons otherwise you can't compare properly !!

mercibucket Tue 11-Feb-14 09:26:38

for cheapest try local independent kitchen fitters

34DD Sat 15-Feb-14 23:03:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wonkylegs Sun 16-Feb-14 09:36:01

It's a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string question'.
So dependent on size, finish & quality.
1st kitchen I ever bought was £2000 from ikea... Fitted by me & bf for free. It was bright functional and looked good.
We've just had ours redone here and it's cost £30k all in.
This one however is about 3x as big, handmade solid oak bespoke from a joinery company with german appliances, new porcelain floor, quartz tops, replastering and new lighting.
We had a quote from a high end but standard kitchen company for 21K (not as nice layout or appliances)
The only way is to gets some quotes and compare.

EnlightenedOwl Sun 16-Feb-14 10:19:38

keep away from the likes of B & Q, Magnet etc or if you do just buy supply only. They will charge same as kitchen again to fit
Find a good local fitter to put it in for you.

AnnabelleDarling Sun 16-Feb-14 10:29:45

I have put in 2 new kitchens in the last 2 years (different houses)

I had a big budget with the first and spent £8000 on a galley kitchen.

I had a much smaller budget with the second, and the room was much bigger. I went to Ikea, spent £2000, excluding appliances, had it fitted by my builder and the result is fantastic. Every bit as good as the more expensive kitchen.

Go to Ikea!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: