Talk

Advanced search

Help: does anyone recognise this kitchen?

(14 Posts)
DavidR98 Mon 10-Feb-14 15:53:48

My kitchen fitter went bust before finishing the job, and I am missing the door from one of the units. I don't know which company made them, only that they came from Germany, so I don't know where to buy the missing door. So if anyone here can identify it from the photos I am posting and tell me the company, I would be really grateful.

Photos are in my home page here.

(I have asked some reputable kitchen fitters near me but they can't find matching doors and handles. The original fitter refused to tell me: the whole thing went to court and was extremely unpleasant.)

AnneEyhtMeyer Mon 10-Feb-14 16:03:19

Your profile isn't public so we can't see the pictures.

DavidR98 Mon 10-Feb-14 16:12:35

Thank you: I think it is public now.

lucidlady Mon 10-Feb-14 16:18:01

It looks like one of the ikea ranges, have you looked there?

DavidR98 Mon 10-Feb-14 17:33:28

I don't think it is from IKEA: there was a safety notice on it in German (no brand name); the supplier said it came from Germany; it has been seen by three different kitchen fitters, all of whom said they didn't know where to find a matching door and handle for what is there. I'm sure they would be familiar with the Ikea ranges.

MoonlightandRoses Mon 10-Feb-14 21:27:47

Have you tried Nobilia? They are one of the largest German manufacturers, and sell a bit over here too. Usually are branded somewhere mind you though.

Their Grado door while not an exact colour match, looks similar design, and handle. It could be a past season one?

DavidR98 Mon 10-Feb-14 22:44:32

Thank you: that certainly looks promising.

Pannacotta Mon 10-Feb-14 22:45:16

You say the fitter has gone bust but is there any way you can track him down to find out/get hold of the missing door?

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 11-Feb-14 08:18:44

I think it might be wise to take photo or even a small door with you and go around the trade kitchen places and to see if you can match it. assuming that you don't have any luck asking the fitter ! I guess the fitter wouldn't have gone to a smart showroom ?! unless it was an ex- display kitchen ?! kmdesign might know ?! hope it gets sorted for you !

DavidR98 Tue 11-Feb-14 09:38:32

Thank you again: I shall check out Kmdesign.

The last time I saw the fitter was in court, so you will understand that asking him for information is not likely to be productive. (As it happens I asked him several times before things got to that stage, and he never gave a straight answer.)

There is an obvious moral from my experience: always always pay for this kind of thing by credit card, and note that paying by card through Paypal does not give you any protection.

Pannacotta Tue 11-Feb-14 10:03:58

I would also contact the replacement door companies and see if any of them recognise the door, "dreamdoors" is one I linked to on another thread but there are loads out there.
Good luck.

InsertUsernameHere Tue 11-Feb-14 10:25:20

DIY kitchens have a wide selection. Hard for me to tell from your photos if one matches - but have a look yourself. Looks like you have a mix and match effect so you might want to change a couple of doors if you don't get a perfect match. It also might be that if the fitter is not keen to tell you where they came from the bit about coming from Germany might be a fib?

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 11-Feb-14 10:39:51

the white carcase with wood door is something that Intoto used to do - their product is Wellman of Germany - but there are so many German manufacturers out there it could be one if many !! - most coordinate the carcase now - so this may have been a job lot of old stock ?!?

HeadFirstintheBiscuitTin Tue 11-Feb-14 10:44:41

Try Kutchenhaus scroll through to page 5 - looks very similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now