Advanced search

Extractor that sits flush with the wall?

(9 Posts)
goonIcantakeit Sun 09-Feb-14 17:21:23

Hello! Please could you help me? We have our new kitchen but can't figure out extraction. We cannot have a typical hood with pipe going up to units or ceiling because Our ceiling is between four and five meters high with pretty open shelves to left of black induction hob but no units and a nice picture rail that doesn't want anything breaking through it. It's like a dining room with discreet cookers in it IYSWIM. The worksurfaces are wood.

We cannot vent (this is definite) so it has to be a recirculating system.

We would love to have some thing that sits flush to the wall, perhaps above one row of tiles. It could swing out when in use.

I could not see anything like this from the main German manufacturers but there was an italian company called something like Elica... So far as I could tell from their images, they seemed to have flush-with wall items. One was £1700 though!

Can anyone guide me please? i don't want to overwhelm the old fashioned kitchen with a fake metal chimney (though other kitchens suit them I know).

Thanks in advance.

kmdesign Sun 09-Feb-14 17:50:17

Try Westin. They do bespoke extraction solutions.

wonkylegs Sun 09-Feb-14 17:56:40

Have a look here perhaps a down draft extractor would work better for you?

PigletJohn Sun 09-Feb-14 18:00:02

If you are not having an extractor, you may just as well draw a picture on the wall.

wonkylegs Sun 09-Feb-14 18:02:58

Or wall mounted

For more unusual see here

PigletJohn Sun 09-Feb-14 18:17:22

Does your dining-room-with-cookers have any external walls? How far is the hob from the nearest?

goonIcantakeit Sun 09-Feb-14 19:56:46

thank you, will check Westin.

that wall-mounted tv-like option looks great wonky, thank you.

the down-draft one looks amazing too but we have got the kitchen in save for extraction (we were going to go without but DH has overruled me so we are retrofitting).

no reachable extermal wall - so idea would be wall-mounted but optimised for recirculation which is the only option.

PigletJohn Sun 09-Feb-14 22:33:41

I am trying to find out if you can have an extractor fan on a wall to ventilate the fumes out of the kitchen, even though you don't want an extracting hood.

Circulating the steam and smells around your kitchen is pointless.

goonIcantakeit Mon 10-Feb-14 09:22:33

true piglet but I think there is a filter in the recirculating ones so the idea is that they filter the air before circulating it back into action....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: