Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What kind of wall tiles for a smallish shower room?

(8 Posts)
duchesse Sat 08-Feb-14 11:51:52

We're getting lots of conflicting advice about this- some people say that large tiles are better in a small bathroom, others that you should put tiny (mosaic style) tiles. It's supposed to be slightly modern and pared down in feel- what do you reckon? The floor is charcoal grey flecked vinyl, the shower is a large (1.3m long shower tray) one with glass doors (well, it will anyway). White ceramics obviously!

Any advice gratefully received.

ScentedScandal Sat 08-Feb-14 12:02:36

I think I'd put large plain ones in but maybe a vertical band of mosaics could add a bit of a feature/interest.

noddyholder Sat 08-Feb-14 12:07:04

White honeycomb mosaics would look great.

BarbaraWoodlouse Sat 08-Feb-14 12:11:11

For cleaning purposes, large tiles are best. Less grout = less grime.

We have a horizontal band of mosaics (c. 6 inches) which have been fine to keep clean. Vertical bands look really good too IMO.

noddyholder Sat 08-Feb-14 12:18:12

Depends on if you think the cleaning will be too much or you don't mind.

Ladyfarquhar Sat 08-Feb-14 12:19:24

A friend had mosaics in her shower, she said it was the worse decor decision she had made as it needed constant cleaning and looked shabby pretty quick. I suppose it depends on how much you like cleaning.

noddyholder Sat 08-Feb-14 12:29:30

If you have hard water the tiles can look shoddy quicker but teh grout less so. Mosaics do need a spray with watered down lemon/vinegar every month or so. But I like the bigger mosaics not the little tiny ones.

duchesse Sat 08-Feb-14 16:22:02

Luckily it's a soft water area. We've gone for metro tile sized ones, because they were a good price and really quite pleasant. We're also putting in a teal mosaic border. Should be pretty.

Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now