Talk

Advanced search

Flexizone induction hob advice please

(15 Posts)
Dorah24 Fri 07-Feb-14 16:56:41

Hi, I'm looking to buy my first induction hob and need some advice from someone who already has one with a flexizone. I'm looking at the 4 zone AEG maxisense. The blurb tells me that each zone fits any size pan and works if the x is covered by a pan. But does that mean that I can also effectively squeeze two small pans in one zone or not. I would want to do this, say, if simmering veg in two pans at the same time so I can free up space on the remaining 3 zones. Or do I really need to buy a five zoned hob to use five pans?

kmdesign Sat 08-Feb-14 07:42:28

I would recommend a Neff Siemens or Bosch flex induction pans over AEG. They are easier to operate.

Daisybell1 Sat 08-Feb-14 18:26:57

I have Luce flexi zone - I shall try and let you know!

Daisybell1 Wed 12-Feb-14 19:26:36

Sorry this is late but yes I can on mine. I have to start the pass over the x but then I can move them to the side and start the next one going. Does that make sense?

gymnasticrobotics Wed 12-Feb-14 20:15:45

I think I may have the hob you mean! mine is 80cm flexi with a line down the centre and 4 crosses. when I look at the hob there are four circular elements beneath the dark glass so while I think both pans may heat up with one covering the cross they would probably get heated unevenly. Do ring up AEG to confirm they were quite helpful when I needed info.

Dorah24 Wed 12-Feb-14 22:00:34

Thanks for replying. Yes that sounds like the same one. How are you getting on with it, any regrets? I have emailed AEG, twice, but they haven't replied to either, grrrr.

verybadhairdoo Wed 12-Feb-14 22:20:36

we have a Neff flexi induction, easy to operate, just fab

Dorah24 Wed 12-Feb-14 22:27:30

Can you use 5 pans on the Neff flexi induction?

gymnasticrobotics Wed 12-Feb-14 23:21:33

Am happy with the hob - I knew I wanted a wide hob and couldn't find a Siemens/Jeff/Bosch one within my price range so AEG it was. I also got their oven with steam and the microwave combination oven. All working fine, although I only got them recently so cannot comment on longevity!

gymnasticrobotics Wed 12-Feb-14 23:22:25

Neff not Jeff! smile

Dorah24 Wed 12-Feb-14 23:35:36

I've ordered all AEG - full size steam oven, compact multifunction oven, microwave and cooker hood simply because I wanted to use the same range throughout to keep the stripes even (wrong reason I know!) and I liked the steam oven! I'm just used to using 5 pans on my hob and the AEG only does 4 zones, flexi zones, and now I'm wondering whether I've made a bad decision. There are no stripes on the Hob so I'm not too OCD to have this a in different make if needed. Have you ever tried squeezing a third pan onto one side?

gymnasticrobotics Thu 13-Feb-14 06:45:16

No I haven't I am afraid! If you are used to five hobs then get one. I don't think I ever used all 4 zones at the same time never mind 5! I am new to induction cooking so any hob would have been a revelation to me smile smile

Pinkje Thu 13-Feb-14 08:26:13

Have you the budget + space to get 2 ? Could look really professional and stop the crowded look. Do you often cook with 5 pans? Most on mine would be 3 and sometimes that 3rd one has last night's leftovers!

verybadhairdoo Thu 13-Feb-14 19:58:20

yes dorah 5 pans can be used. I think its about 915cm wide.

Dorah24 Fri 14-Feb-14 14:49:27

Thanks, yes like when cooking Sunday dinner. Potatoes, carrots, green beans, cauliflower and gravy needs 5. I suppose I maybe ought to put some effort into cooking with a microwave (only use it for heating soup once in a blue moon) as I only have 90cm for a hob!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now