Talk

Advanced search

Dishwasher not working help!

(19 Posts)
Lagoonablue Thu 06-Feb-14 23:17:14

Gets to rinse cycle then stops and starts bleeping. Stuff doesn't seem clean. When it stopped I opened it and no steam came out although not sure it would at rinse stage.

Googling suggests may be heating element but why go through most of cycle and then stop?

Diplomat dishwasher. Is integrated so difficult to get to.

Any ideas? Worth getting someone out or just getting a new one? It came with the house so no idea how old it is.

Bloody hell.

PigletJohn Fri 07-Feb-14 01:06:31

IIRC Diplomat is a fake brand name used by a kitchen company. Google to check. If, as I think, it is a budget model, and integrated as well, I would hesitate to spend much money on it. Integrated machines are more expensive to repair or install as you have the extra work of getting them in and out.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 07-Feb-14 01:19:00

OK, this may be worth trying, nothing to lose.

Take all your filters out.
Where the filters were is now a dippy hole full of water.

Get a cup and bale out the water.

You should then see one, or two, screws. Undo them, and you should find another level of filter. Hopefully it will be obvious at this point what the problem is, and you will be able to clear the blockage. When I did this it was bits of broken glass shock

Put it all back as it was.

FX smile

ImSoHappyCauseToday Fri 07-Feb-14 01:19:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ImSoHappyCauseToday Fri 07-Feb-14 01:20:39

ChineseFireball Fri 07-Feb-14 01:26:51

No help but we have a diplomat integral dishwasher and it's shit. Admittedly it "works" at the moment but as soon as I have an excuse to chuck the thing out it's going. Please accept thisbrew as a token of solidarity grin

ImSoHappyCauseToday Fri 07-Feb-14 01:32:05

Lagoonablue Fri 07-Feb-14 06:25:24

Thankyou for relies. Will try the filter trick and if not see if I can get someone out. I hate integrated appliances. If I have to replace it then so be it.

Any suggestions for a replacement? A Miele is out but decent and cheap would be good.

ImSoHappyCauseToday Fri 07-Feb-14 07:03:00

Lagoonablue Fri 07-Feb-14 08:12:43

Thinking is heating element or PCB according to my googling and the error code. Ugh. Might just cut my losses and get a new one. Thanks for suggestions.

pengymum Fri 07-Feb-14 08:41:15

£50 cashback on this Miele

I have this one - its great. Quiet and efficient. Much better than any previous brands I have used - Bosch, Zanussi, AEG & John Lewis own. The JL one was rubbish! Didn't dry properly. Neither does my sister's AEG.

If you go through Topcashback or Quidco you'll save a few more ££s on top. Much better value imho.
Hth

pengymum Fri 07-Feb-14 08:43:22

We had integrated before but decided to go freestanding as so much cheaper. And I'm not bothered seeing dw at all.

ImSoHappyCauseToday Fri 07-Feb-14 09:58:46

affinia Fri 07-Feb-14 13:22:59

We've have 3 integrated dw. Hate seeing appliances (must have been princess in previous life!).

We had similar problem. Instructions said to do as Bewitched said. Took about an hour, dishwasher as new. Worth a try.

Lagoonablue Fri 07-Feb-14 16:12:52

It is a flashing start button with a bleep. 3 times, pause, 3 times pause. I don't know whether to cut my losses or not.

Miele one a nice thought but way too much for me!

Lagoonablue Fri 07-Feb-14 21:06:33

Can I assume if I buy a. Bosch that the cupboard door will fit on? Or do they all have different fixings?

PigletJohn Sat 08-Feb-14 03:21:12

The ornamental door front will only work with a integrated or semi integrated machine. There are ways to fix a panel to non integrated appliances, but then a drop down door like a dishwasher will be to heavy for the counterbalance springs.

Lagoonablue Sat 08-Feb-14 08:12:29

Thanks. Yes am getting integrated so hoping will all fit.

MrsTaraPlumbing Sun 09-Feb-14 11:46:36

I'm not technical at all
When my DW stopped working I called a local man who does that sort of thing.
He was here an hour took it appart cleaned all sorts of bits and only charged me £30!
Wow - I gave him a big tip but I think it is definitely worth knowing someone with a good reputation to come and look it over.
He then advised I run a rince cycle from time to time with just half a jar of white vinegar in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now