Talk

Advanced search

Laura Ashley Natural Heligan ... which colour paint complements?

(2 Posts)
ShowMeSaturn Wed 05-Feb-14 11:09:39

Typical small Victorian terrace with usual bedroom layout having large double at the front with two windows facing the street.

Both windows will have LA Heligan curtains in natural, the carpet is beige and magnolia walls.

Unfortunately there is a floor to ceiling wall of built in pine louvre cupboards. Great for storage but too 80s for me.
I also have a big pine kitchen dresser in there (won't fit in kitchen!)
And a dark wood 1950s bedstead.

I'd like to paint the dresser, louvres and bedstead. But which paint colour will complement the magnolia walls, curtains and a carpet which is distinctly lighter coloured than the walls?

Heligan swatch

I really like the paint colours here paint colours but bearing in mind this is a rented property need neural as possible, amd also although I love Farrow & Ball's Vert de Terre I think it might be too dark.
I will also probably sell the dresser at some point so the colour needs to appeal to potential buyers.

I'd really appreciate some views! thanks

OnePlanOnHouzz Wed 05-Feb-14 14:41:06

Neptune colours always seem to be popular for dressers and kitchen type rooms - so maybe use their paint if you plan to sell your dresser soon ! as for the rest ... of you paint the louvred doors white - as long as the landlord agrees - it will pick up the white in the curtain fabric ! maybe add some scatter cushions and a simple thrown to the bed in the sane LA material ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now