Advanced search

How do I find a specialist bricklayer for lime repointing?

(3 Posts)
wigwam33 Tue 04-Feb-14 21:03:05

If you can bear the excitement here...

We live in an Edwardian period property. Our house was badly 'strap' repointed with what looks like a cement mortar some time before we bought it. We need to get it sorted out as it's causing damp problems and I'm looking for a reputable brick layer who will use lime (and no cement). No idea where to start. Any pointers on how to find someone?

TunipTheUnconquerable Tue 04-Feb-14 22:06:34

Listed Property Owners Club specialist directory LPOC

I've found people in my area just by googling, too.

Also adverts in SPAB magazine, which you get when you join SPAB.

wigwam33 Tue 04-Feb-14 22:33:17

Thanks Tunip. Love the username too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now