Talk

Advanced search

Choosing house

(8 Posts)
mekim Mon 03-Feb-14 23:31:34

Hi everyone
Could you give me some advise, please?
We re looking for a house and it is difficult for me to have a decision right.
I would like to know. Is a home with a triangular garden are problem, if it were you would you buy it?
Or any big problem with a house which you don't want to bye it.
Thanks for ans

Preciousbane Mon 03-Feb-14 23:50:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlecrystal Tue 04-Feb-14 09:21:25

I should not have replied on another "zombie" thread. We just dismissed a house with a triangular garden (and a substation at the back of it...). I like straight and square and it did not feel quite right. Also bad feng shui if you believe in those things. If I split up with my DH I would always have thought, oh is it because of sharp corners? (sounds daft but adds to the thought). In general I viewed triangular garden as a problem and I did not want to buy a house with a problem that needed fixing (heavy landscaping).

Unless the garden you are looking at is a massive one! Then possibly less of an issue.

mekim Tue 04-Feb-14 13:04:47

Thanks lot, yeah, it is a corner of road. Last time 3 months ago, we looked the house which has a sharp corner and now it's still on sell. So, we are still looking for a house. There is a new on sell which has a triangle garden as well but any other room is good looking. We re just concern about garden. This house has 2 bedroom so it is suitable for our budget, so we re thinking about if we sell it in the future, and will it a difficult to sell?

lessonsintightropes Tue 04-Feb-14 18:01:06

Depends where you are - in London the shape of the garden wouldn't be any bar at all to sale (the fact there is one would be a major plus) but I would imagine it's different elsewhere.

Wafflesnaffler Tue 04-Feb-14 18:38:26

If everything else was right, I wouldn't let a triangular garden put me off. A small garden might put me off, but not a triangular one. Clever landscaping can hide the shape - you could put a shed or garden room at a clever angle in the triangular bit, which would give a flattening effect. Here's an example (and this is a small garden, so it would be even easier in a bigger garden): outside-rooms.co.uk/small-triangular-garden-wilmslow/

Wafflesnaffler Tue 04-Feb-14 18:39:11

Ps. That's not my website, by the way!

Clutterbugsmum Tue 04-Feb-14 19:54:20

The shape, size of a garden wouldn't bother me as the much as I like gardening you don't use all year.

I would go on the size of the house, if it flows well, and has a 'nice' feel to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now