Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone use an Ecofan with a woodburner?

(11 Posts)
ThistledownAndCobweb Thu 30-Jan-14 23:31:55

I really like the idea of the Ecofan but I'm not sure if it's worth buying one.

Does anyone use one?

Jellykat Fri 31-Jan-14 21:51:00

Yes i do, and highly recommend them.

I bought mine over a year ago, as i have a huge slate fireplace which basically absorbed the heat, and have to say it's made an incredible difference.. Such a small thing but you'd be shocked how much it pushes the heat out in to the room!
I know of 4 other people who have one and say the same. HTH.

ThistledownAndCobweb Fri 31-Jan-14 22:07:43

Ooooh, thank you for replying.
Its nice to have confirmation that they work. Our wood burner is in a huge inglenook and it fills with heat which we'd like to push out into the hallway.

Just have to save up and buy one now.

Jellykat, which model do you have?

Jellykat Fri 31-Jan-14 22:47:19

Just looked at the top of it, which says it's model 810.. and yes my fireplace is a big inglenook too, i used to have to practically sit on the woodburner to feel any heat!
They aren't cheap, but worth every penny imo.. smile

bunchoffives Sat 01-Feb-14 00:36:09

I got this one

which is half the price of the ecofan but works very well.

As soon as the wb heats to about 250 (10 mins av) the fan starts and you can feel it almost straight away on the sofa opposite the wb.

I was a bit concerned about noise but it's a very faint hum. With tv or dc in room I can't hear it at all.

HTH

lazydog Sat 01-Feb-14 01:12:42

Yes - a proper ecofan one - and find it pretty useless tbh. We still have it going on there as it's a good reminder to the kids to watch out, the stove's hot grin We have our wood stove in the open with a conveniently positioned vertical log (we have a log home) about 3ft behind it, so we got a small electric fan and mounted it behind the stove, on that log, and that makes a hell of a difference to the heat distribution!

ThistledownAndCobweb Tue 04-Feb-14 18:28:39

Thank you all. We got an Ecofan 810 and it's made a big difference. The hallway, stairs and upstairs landing have all benefitted and feel much warmer.

Jellykat Tue 04-Feb-14 19:15:03

Oo that's fab news Thistle, glad it's helped! smile

lazydog Fri 07-Feb-14 20:51:00

That is good news. We've had ours for about 6 or 7 years so it's likely they're much better designed now...plus, perhaps when you're dealing with heating a whole home with your woodstove at -35C (the outside temp at 7am today) you need a bit more "oomph" from your fan grin

ThistledownAndCobweb Fri 07-Feb-14 22:19:45

lazydog, that is cold!

lazydog Sat 08-Feb-14 02:57:44

Yep, bit nippy, lol! We've actually just ordered a new woodstove as ours is a bit wimpy. The new one is this beast: www.costco.ca/Drolet-HT2000-Wood-Stove.product.100002980.html Horrendously ugly, but should throw out a decent amount of heat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now