Where would you buy a good quality bathroom suite from?

(6 Posts)
Sleepybunny Wed 29-Jan-14 20:26:08

I need a new bathroom. I've got a good joiner/plumber who will fit it for a great price, but I need to source a high quality suite for a good price.

So where would you recommend and and just for fun what would you have if you had an unlimited budget? TIA

KumquatandCustard Wed 29-Jan-14 21:56:43

If he has a trade account with someone like Travis Perkins he should be able to get it for you at trade price - ask him. Don't get one from a DIY or somewhere like Victoria Plumb - they are cheap for a reason! Go for something like Ideal Standard and get good quality taps too smile

Rosey44 Wed 29-Jan-14 22:05:49

Hi I have been looking at Bathroom city as they do loads of good brands with low and high price ranges. I do have a designer bathroom showroom near me which has a bath for £6K. I eventually chose a heritage shower bath.
It just depends on your personal needs.
I would advise that you try to have a look at what your buying. Ask questions of make of bath, guarantee & return policy.
Also to be fair my SIL does have a basic shell wickes bath suite which I did like, when she bought it.lol
Unlimited budget um.... I would hire a designer, maybe get those gold taps I need lol

Sleepybunny Thu 30-Jan-14 13:55:59

Thanks, that's a good idea. I think'll have have a look at ideal standard and see exactly what styles we like.

I love those free standing baths, but the 3k price tag, I'm not sure it's within the budget!

MrsTaraPlumbing Fri 31-Jan-14 14:31:58

What is near you? Ideal Standard are good.
Look at Plumbase Reflections.
As said on another Thread - Roca website and Fired Earth.

Sleepybunny Fri 31-Jan-14 21:19:56

This is why I love mumsnet. Found a plumbase near me I never knew existed!
They have a show room, so I'm going to go have a look at what's on offer as I'm not sure exactly what I like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now