Talk

Advanced search

CP Hart bathrooms

(5 Posts)
schoolnurse Fri 03-Jan-14 07:46:28

Ok I know in the grand scheme of things this is a minor issue and we're lucky to be even in this situation so please don't flame me (I don't normally post on this section perhaps you're not like this on here) but we're installing a new bathroom. We want it to last, we're planning on living in our house till we drop. I've looked on line at literally thousands of sinks taps and loos from the cheapest to eye watering expensive. We want it to be timeless so no countertop basins etc, DH has certain requirements for a sink apparently certain sinks are better for shaving in and we want a back to the wall loo. We've fallen in love with a CP Hart ones the design seems perfect, the proportions etc are just right (this matters particularly to DH) they do seem to ooze quality, the taps which are hideously expensive are beautiful and we do have the money to pay for them but Im slightly worried that we're paying over the odds (nearly three times more than a JL one very similar although admittedly proportions/design not quite as good no similar taps) for the name and a sort snobby look at me with my luxury bathroom (an image I'm uncomfortable with). This is after all a company charging well excess of £500 for a bog brush shock, I had no idea that anyone sane would/could pay that for one, I balked a paying £25 for mine in JL and over £100 (reduced in the sale) for a bit of simple square mirror.
Has anyone any experience of their products?

katatonic Fri 03-Jan-14 14:43:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LibraryBook Fri 03-Jan-14 16:01:36

You can have a CP Hart sink and taps and still buy your loo brush from JL or even Wilko.

In my opinion sink, taps, shower are the most important fittings and you can have a cheap but decent bath and loo and it will all look fine.

Be careful though that your white porcelain goods are all the same white if they're next to one another.

Hairytoes Tue 07-Jan-14 10:17:34

Before you buy your lovely expensive taps, check that you can actually clean them. I discovered that the taps I have are not allowed to be cleaned with any bathroom products at all! All you are meant to use is a soft cloth (which means basically an old t shirt as you cant even use microfibre cloths). They are a nightmare to keep clean, show up fingerprints and waterspots every time they are used.

Havent used CP Hart, but can understand why you have been wooed by their products.

indieblack Wed 29-Jul-15 16:56:12

Did you buy the taps in the end schoolnurse? I've been wooed by a CP Hart Libero mixer tap and while I'm happy to pay for quality is it that much better than a cheaper make?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now