Talk

Advanced search

Ikea kitchens - info re introduction of new range

(13 Posts)
mabelbabel Fri 27-Dec-13 09:27:18

Hi - just posting this as I know the change in the Ikea kitchen range has been mentioned in a few threads, but there is now some specific information re dates etc on the Ikea website:

"On 3 February 2014, the FAKTUM kitchen range will be replaced with a new kitchen range, METOD. You can still buy your FAKTUM kitchen in store and online until 2 February 2014. You can preview the METOD range online from 3 February 2014, and our new METOD kitchen departments will be fully open in store from 10 February 2014."

There is a FAQ section here: www.ikea.com/gb/en/campaigns/kitchen_questions_answers.html

And there is currently an offer on for £100 gift card back for every £1,000 spent on kitchens (until 12 Jan). Not the mega sale I was hoping for, but still better than nothing. Not sure whether we will jump yet or wait for the new range (and/or a better offer?).

Itscoldouthere Fri 27-Dec-13 09:43:11

We had our kitchen planned in Ikea just before Christmas and they said there will be more draw options coming in with the new range and I think the counter top will be a bit deeper than the current 600 (620/650 I think).

If you look at the kitchens in the Danish or Swedish catalogue on-line you can see the new kitchens as they had had these kitchens for a while.

We are going to wait and get the new system in February.

Mrsladybirdface Fri 27-Dec-13 10:32:10

I've been designing my kitchen on the Danish site (i'm getting quite good at translating now!)

I've had to do a complete redesign because they no longer do 30cm cupboards which has been a right old pain.

Anyone need any info let me know.

The work top is 63.5cms deep

mabelbabel Fri 27-Dec-13 10:57:21

Ladybird, I have a question! It is possibly a stupid question.
If the worktops are deeper, does this mean the cupboards are deeper, or are they expecting you to mount the cupboards forwards a bit to create a service void (or do the cupboards include a void unlike presently)?
I am planning on either mounting my cupboards forward, and buying a deeper worktop from elsewhere, using the current Faktum range. Just wondering what the plan would be with the revised range.

Mrsladybirdface Fri 27-Dec-13 11:16:54

Unfortunately there is still no void. I'm having my whole kitchen redone (electrics/plumbing) so it's not an issue for me to drop the services to plinth level. I assume the deeper worktop is to give a better looking finish? Not that helpful !

They do have a system though for putting up wall cabinet really simply for DIYers.

Mrsladybirdface Fri 27-Dec-13 11:17:21

ohhh didn't mean to bold!

mabelbabel Fri 27-Dec-13 12:50:22

thank you!

ThatIsIt Fri 27-Dec-13 12:57:29

Thanks for the link.

Zippyzoppy Fri 27-Dec-13 21:04:52

If you go on to Ikea Egypt's site, then they have the metod range in English!!

ThatIsIt Fri 27-Dec-13 21:19:36

www.ikea.com/eg/en/catalog/categories/departments/metod_kitchen/roomset/

Mrsladybirdface Fri 27-Dec-13 21:58:42

Lovely Ikea Kitchen

This is the look we are going for, they've done some bespoking...looks like a v expensive kitchen.

MummytoMog Sat 28-Dec-13 11:29:30

Thank you for the link! I was dithering about whether or not to wait, but I think we'll get it now and take advantage of the offer. So good to be able to look at the range in advance though. No idea where we're going to store it all mind you. Maybe I will go for a very delayed delivery date.

We have many many other things to buy from ikea so the vouchers will be useful. My builder keeps saying things like 'I could build you cupboards there' and I have to resist the urge to say 'yes, but will it cost under £200 and have komplement interior fittings.'

alexcambridge Tue 04-Mar-14 15:45:16

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now