Talk

Advanced search

Plumber or heating recommendations in South West London?

(11 Posts)
thesaurusgirl Tue 29-Oct-13 10:01:31

I'm sorry to be raiding everyone's address books all the time.

I have a very temperamental boiler and need to get it serviced before winter sets in. Also need a quote for replacement, as I'm going to put in a whole new system including radiators.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Please do not suggest Pimlico Plumbers, Aspect Maintenance, or Atlantic Plumbing, as the whole of SW London is full of horror stories about them.

oscarwilde Tue 29-Oct-13 15:32:33

PM'd you

papalazaru Tue 29-Oct-13 18:58:17

We've used Epsom Heating & Gas - think theyre very good

ValentineWiggins Tue 29-Oct-13 18:59:34

1st advanced maintenance (Hampton based I think) have been doing ours for 2 houses now. Definitely recommended!

Ktay Tue 29-Oct-13 19:13:48

Charles Grey in Richmond is good, you should find him on google

thesaurusgirl Wed 30-Oct-13 10:06:38

Thank you all. So, so much. thanks cake wine

If it all goes well I will feed back.

I so wish Mumsnet would launch a properly verified recommendations website. Mybuilder, Rated People and all that are such a joke whilst Mumsnet PMs have been the most amazing source of information. You are all so amazing and so kind.

LucyBTC Wed 15-Jan-14 07:48:38

Jeremy Dunnill is self employed, reliable and reasonably priced. he's based between Clapham and Wandsworth common.

Www.jeremyplumber.co.uk

TheTradeForce Tue 20-May-14 18:41:36

The Trade Force: Ex-military trades people you can trust!

We have over 120 ex-military trades people across the UK. Give us a try:

www.thetradeforce.co.uk

thepiggotupandslowlywalkedaway Tue 20-May-14 18:44:13

We've used Fullers in Epsom for the last few years and found them good.

thesaurusgirl Wed 21-May-14 10:29:53

Gosh, I'd totally forgotten about this thread and never updated it as promised, sorry blush.

In fact someone very kind PM'd me the details for Fuller Heating and they're the people I used. Liked them very much and would definitely use them again - so thank you for the recommendation.

I was perhaps a bit unkind about Pimlico Plumbers. They are expensive but they're also the only people who will come out the same day. I phoned them in desperation in the middle of January and they got the boiler sorted within a day.

I have heard terrible stories about Atlantic Plumbing since I posted my dislike of them. Two friends of mine have reported them to Gas Safe shock.

atplumbing Thu 05-Oct-17 07:13:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now