Talk

Advanced search

What's a good curtain track for a bay window?

(10 Posts)
Toomuchtea Thu 17-Oct-13 19:50:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FishfingersAreOK Thu 17-Oct-13 20:49:01

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/a1602591-Bu88er-me-Ouch-Just-had-a-quote-for-Bay-window-curtain-poles-there-has-to-be-a-cheaper-way

OliviaBenson Thu 17-Oct-13 20:50:13

Ive just had really heavy curtains made for our bay. We have a bay window curtain pole from tesco of all places. It has curtain rings that are adapted to slide over the brackets. It's really sturdy and I've been impressed. It was really reasonable too, about £60 I think.

Toomuchtea Thu 17-Oct-13 21:08:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pannacotta Thu 17-Oct-13 22:11:51

I am also looking for a cheapish track or pole, Olivia do you find that your curtains get caught when you pull them round the bay?
Have looked at the Tesco pole but the reviews suggest this is a problem.
I think tracks work better in bays, but even they are pretty pricey...

Tyranasaurus Fri 18-Oct-13 06:45:39

John Lewis have a bendable aluminium curtain track, that's happily supporting floor length velvet curtains as I type.

www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-aluminium-uncorded-tracks-up-to-l225cm/p249061

OliviaBenson Fri 18-Oct-13 21:49:03

They don't get caught at all, to be honest, given the price, I wasn't expecting great things, but I'm really pleased with the result. I did see the reviews, but they are unfounded as far as I'm concerned.

I'm probably biased as I don't get on with the curtain track things- they never seemed to work for me.

DIddled Fri 18-Oct-13 22:34:24

I have got some bendy metal type track- it stands on struts about 4 inches so that the curtains drop past the window sill. If you see what I mean. So that the curtains fall straight, really good. I had a man in to do it for me . If that's what you are after I will try and find out the name.

Pannacotta Sat 19-Oct-13 17:11:10

Thanks Olivia for posting again, I am going to try a pole and hope for the best though the JL metal track looks a steal too.

crestfitters Tue 25-Mar-14 19:19:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now