Talk

Advanced search

Victoria Plumb or Bathstore?

(20 Posts)
CJMommy Tue 13-Aug-13 22:06:47

Looking to purchase x2 bathroom suites for our house renovation. Victoria Plumb appears to be so much cheaper; is there a reason for this?

Do people have experience of either?

Would be great to save money but don't want to scrimp at the cost of poor quality. Also need prompt delivery and no hassles with customer service. We have our own plumber.

Thanks

quoteunquote Tue 13-Aug-13 22:35:43

is there a reason for this?

They are shit, our plumbers hate them, all of their products are banned from all of our sites, shoddy goods, shoddy service.

jennycoast Tue 13-Aug-13 22:46:20

We got two basins and two toilets from Victoria Plumb a couple of years ago. Good price, delivery was on time, and no problems fitting for the plumber.

We also bought cheap taps from them, which are fine for the price.

wonkylegs Wed 14-Aug-13 08:11:46

quote do you have any recommendations then for good quality but not too expensive bathroom suites?

CJMommy Wed 14-Aug-13 21:23:48

One for and one against........ Any more??

TheWookiesWife Wed 14-Aug-13 21:36:11

I had a double shower door from VP - delivered on time - quality product at the same price as my local retailer told me he buys them for ! He wasn't impressed !!! But I was !!!!

mummaemma Wed 14-Aug-13 21:36:23

we have bathstore bathroom upstairs and Victoria plum downstairs. i would say quality is the same. i would go with victoria plumb if they r cheaper.

CJMommy Wed 14-Aug-13 23:58:00

Thanks

We are definitely getting the shower from the bath store as cant find anywhere else that does that specific size and shape we need, but undecided about the rest of the stuff. We are talking £600-800 difference in price shock

Pannacotta Thu 15-Aug-13 07:50:40

I haven't used either but there are some past threads on this and I am sure the VP get a slating, worth checking the archives.
Look at Plumbworld.co.uk too, they are well priced.

ThunderboltKid Thu 15-Aug-13 09:03:03

Have used VP extensively and they have always been great. Good quality products & on the odd occasion where there has been an issue they have replaced the product the next day.

VP were recommended to me by my dad who uses them a lot in his building services company.

Sandgroper Thu 15-Aug-13 10:54:50

Hi

We have just done 2 bathrooms and downstairs loo (rebuilt whole house) Our plumber recommended VP and it's not the best quality. In fact we have had to replace a lot of stuff that was cheap and nasty. The wall hung loos look great and thats about it, push buttons seem really flimsy. Same with basins its the little things, the waste hole has corroded only 4 months old. We went with them because they were cheaper.. Cheap,is not always the best!!!!

We ended up going back to Bathstore, more expensive but by far superior quality to get replacement items. Our old bathroom in last house was all from there and fab quality even after 4 years was good as new. Even if our builder told us they were crap (they aren't right about everything).

So my vote would be don't use them or proceed with caution!

Sandgroper Thu 15-Aug-13 10:55:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cooper44 Thu 15-Aug-13 13:44:13

Hi I've used both and I prefer bathstore. The quality is better but I think the design is too. Just feels a lot sleeker and nicer.
Had no issues on service with either of them
Bathstore always quite responsive to haggling too.

fresh Thu 15-Aug-13 13:54:27

Take care with Plumbworld - in my experience if anything goes wrong you can't phone them and their customer service email response is slow and sometimes contradictory.

Cheap bathroom places are much of a muchness - if it's all in stock and you don't mind the quality, it will be fine. If anything goes wrong, it's a nightmare. Personally I prefer to have someone local I can look in the eye if necessary! And I bought Grohe taps from my local independent for £8 more, but they arrived the next day and it was much less hassle.

OpressedMasses Thu 15-Aug-13 16:17:03

No experience with VP but I bought brand new Bathstore stock off Ebay at about 60% off RRP and was really pleased with the items, lovely quality and super stylish. obviously check the seller's feedback but all the people we've used for DIY supply off Ebay have been great and we have save loads doing that. So by all mean pick out the main items from Bathstore but do compare-shop on those same models of products.

I have bought direct from Bathstore too and all those items were good but availability was an issue (everything one to two days later than promised which can be a pain if you have trades waiting on parts).

RobotHamster Thu 15-Aug-13 16:25:00

Victoria Plumb are shit - I'd never use them again. The part of the order we got was fine, when it eventually showed up. Customer service was beyond terrible though. Hours of phone calls to sort out missing stock.

CJMommy Thu 15-Aug-13 21:24:27

Thanks everyone. I think I will go with bath store. We have a local branch so will be more convenient. I will look on EBay too, thanks for the tip! I did ask my builder and he said all his stuff is from bathstore and to haggle with them too grin

user1475069626 Wed 28-Sep-16 15:35:26

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Flatbellyfella Mon 10-Apr-17 10:16:54

They never sent the incorrect fittings for my toilet to flush, so using a bucket of water for now , they won't send me the correct fittings free, because I had it delivered more than 31 days ago. So no recommendation from me.

Flatbellyfella Mon 10-Apr-17 10:18:25

Should have read "Correct..."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now