Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Large square baths - do these exist?

(12 Posts)
audrey01 Tue 13-Aug-13 00:43:33

For our new bathroom which has a somewhat odd shape (wider at one end and narrower at the other end), we are thinking to place the bathtub at the narrow end - the space measures 150cm, possibly 160cm at a stretch. I did find something like this from US
www.amazon.com/home-improvement/dp/B00BJH81K4
, but delivery charges would make it most likely unfeasible (not to mention if it gets damaged in transit).

Does anyone know if I can find something similar here in the UK? it doesn't need to be square (150 x 150cm), but definitely extra wider than the standard width, to compensate for its short length.

trolleycoin Tue 13-Aug-13 00:48:24

Have you tried better bathrooms and Victoria plumb? I remember thety had a good choice of sizes.

audrey01 Tue 13-Aug-13 12:16:02

Thanks - I checked those two companies but nothing suitable. I did find one site Cabuchon who offers these wider larger baths, but they are quite expensive (more than £2,000).

fossil971 Tue 13-Aug-13 13:13:55

how about a Kaldewei Duo Pool?

wonkylegs Tue 13-Aug-13 14:34:16

duravit do one or two square inset ones.
Slightly odd one here
Proper square here
cheaper one here

audrey01 Wed 14-Aug-13 14:58:33

Thanks everyone for the recommendations, I quite like the Kaldewei and Duravit Blue Moon. In the end, I searched a bit more and came across this bath which might just fit the bill (similar to the ones linked but cheaper)
http://www.aqva.co.uk/Bathrooms/70149
Has anyone bought from this supplier and do they recommend them?

audrey01 Wed 14-Aug-13 14:59:06

Sorry, link is here:
www.aqva.co.uk/Bathrooms/70149

FriskyHenderson Wed 14-Aug-13 15:31:09

One thing to watch out for is how much of the bath floor is flat, and how much is slope, IYSWIM. We spent ages looking for a bath big enough for 4DC and were set on one with huge dimensions until we saw it in the shop and the floor you could sit on was no bigger than a normal bath, the rest was big slopey sides.

audrey01 Thu 15-Aug-13 09:08:35

Yes, I agree - in the end all these "large" baths have a net internal floor of roughly 110 x 110cm. Not enough in my opinion for 2 people, even though they are being marketed as Duo or similar.
I was looking at the Xanadu 2-seater one on Cabuchon website here, that's the look I'm thinking to achieve, but the net internal bottom floor is not better than the one I found earlier on Aqva website, which was a lot cheaper (even if I added the whirlpool option).

nessus Thu 07-Nov-13 13:57:35

Did you end up buying from AQVA audrey01? I have had my sights set on a vanity unity that they have a good price on and no delivery fee. Any feedback would be great!

Eastwickwitch Thu 07-Nov-13 17:36:33

We've got a big bath (not square) & it takes ages to fill. Probably wouldn't bother next time.

Chefdeschefs Fri 24-Feb-17 09:02:51

Cabuchon not worth it - in my opinion you get a £400 bath for £2400 - it creaks just like a cheap B&B

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now