Advanced search

How to touch up marked walls in brand new house?

(12 Posts)

Just had to come back and tell you that I got the magic eraser and it worked a treat! Thanks grin

valiumredhead Fri 26-Jul-13 14:29:53

Magic sponge !

MrsBucketxx Fri 26-Jul-13 14:17:09

we had a touch up service with ours when the painter came I asked what paint it was and he gave me half a tub, and Im still using it now,

you really can't tell

They have been properly painted, with dulux, no less (get me!). Will try the magic eraser.

pootlebug Thu 25-Jul-13 21:28:11

Have the walls been properly painted (sometimes new builds just have undercoat, which marks v easily and needs the whole room painting over)

If they have proper paint, try one of those 'magic eraser' things - I have a Doktor Power one I bought on offer for a couple of quid in sainsburys a while back

If undercoat only, nothing for it but to paint I'm afraid

MrsPnut Thu 25-Jul-13 21:26:00

If the paint on the walls is the builders coat then you should repaint it after 9 months or so anyway once the walls have dried out properly.

holidaybug Thu 25-Jul-13 21:25:46

I thought there were 'paint rubbers' that can be used

pud1 Thu 25-Jul-13 21:24:40

Hi. I have jml magic eraser which is a sponge that gets rid of marks. If you are going to try one of these sponges though test a small patch first. With new houses you often find that a combination of cheap paint and plaster that has not had enough time to dry properly equates to chalky walls that are a nightmare to wipe

Thanks wench , I will get myself down to wickes and ask about it

PragmaticWench Thu 25-Jul-13 21:11:22

There is a type of sponge that you can buy from diy shops that removes marks on painted walls. I'm not sure what it is called, or if it is effective but might be worth a try?

flow4 Thu 25-Jul-13 21:00:57

Probably not very successfully. I tried to do this recently, and although the paint was the same, the light bounces differently off the 'touched up' patches. If anything, they look slightly more noticeable than before. sad

Few marks on the walls of our beautiful new build house from moving furniture in, obviously dont want to repaint but would like to remove or cover the marks. Can I just but a tester pot of the paint the builders used and go over them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now