Talk

Advanced search

Cost of side return extension ( one storey)?

(5 Posts)
blimeyohriley Tue 09-Jul-13 21:33:31

Hi, we are considering getting this extension done to improve our downstairs layout but I'd be really grateful if anyone who's had it done could give me a rough estimate of the cost please?

We're on the South Coast so hopefully not quite London prices, area would be 1.5m x 6.5m.

If anyone has a similar sized side return and has extended into it, it would be great to find out how much it cost, also rough length of time it took etc etc.

Thanks v much!

blimeyohriley Wed 10-Jul-13 15:36:42

Bump smile

icravecheese Wed 10-Jul-13 19:17:09

We're Wiltshire, so sort of south coast! My neighbour built into his side return (we're both detached Victorian houses with fairly large patios as the side return, if that makes sense?)...not sure of the size of his extension, probably abit bigger than the size you've quoted above, but his extension cost approx £35k 5 years ago, which included whole new kitchen, underfloor heating, knocking down part of an external wall (to join old kitchen to new area). Work took 4 months or so.

Sorry, not terribly helpful! If you telephone a local builder then they should be able to give you a ball park figure over the phone - i've done just that recently with a loft conversion idea i've had. One guy chatted for over half an hour to me giving me the low down on loft conversions, which was very helpful.

blimeyohriley Wed 10-Jul-13 22:32:54

Thank you icravecheese! I think I'll give some local builders a ring.

Collyne Wed 06-May-15 10:28:17

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now