Talk

Advanced search

Living in Plaistow/West Ham

(4 Posts)
Bougie Thu 27-Jun-13 19:41:18

Can anyone advise on living in Plaistow - West Ham - Bow Road please? These look as if they have good rail connections to Canary Wharf and also Westminster (which we need) and property is a bit cheaper so we could just about afford to buy a house but I'm thinking they might not be very great places to live.....

pinkdelight Fri 28-Jun-13 09:47:08

All depends on your expectations really. Last time I went there - a few years back admittedly - Plaistow was horrible. As you say, if it's affordable there's likely to be a reason. Same reason why some people prefer to live further out. But go and see for yourself. My horrible could be your lively!

umiaisha Fri 28-Jun-13 13:39:32

OH has quite a lot of family there and personally I would avoid it like the plague. Very run down and even worse after dark..

mrsgibbo16 Tue 02-Aug-16 21:26:20

Help! We are a professional couple in our mid to late 30's and we are thinking of moving to the West Ham park area from our flat in Wood Green/Ally Pally. We have seen a house that we would buy as a family home and would want to bring up children here, is it wise and does the area have any indicators of improving like its counterparts of Wanstead etc. No idea of the area and desperately need local advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now