Advanced search

The decluttering, cleaning, vacating, pandering, nailbiting antics of the stressed out house sellers goes on and on....

(427 Posts)
TerrysNo2 Mon 24-Jun-13 21:22:39

New thread!

Come share and despair smile

wonkylegs Sat 29-Jun-13 14:01:09

Yay hassling the solicitor obviously worked, last bit of paperwork arrived for us to sign today so hopefully we can exchange this week grin
Only thing in the paperwork that we didn't know is the original Quaker covenant on the property which stipulates we can't run an alehouse from the property. Which is fine because all alcohol in our house is for drinking not selling wink.
Yay it looks like the end is finally in sight

PastaBeeandCheese Sun 30-Jun-13 07:33:58

<marks place>

I was on the old thread. Been on market 10 weeks with no real interest since first fortnight where we had lots of nosey parkers initial viewings.

Interest has finally picked up. Couple viewed Thursday who have sold and they are thinking about finances over the weekend as they like it but it's at the top of their budget. A couple viewed Friday who haven't put house on market but I thought I may as well let them as I was 'show homed' from Thursday. They liked it so much they've booked a second viewing with her Dad who is apparently in a position to buy the property for cash if his daughter and grandchildren want him to!

I'm not getting my hopes up but definitely more positive than I have been in the last 8 weeks or so.

Since I've been away from this thread I've discovered I'm pregnant with #2 which we are over the moon about. I'm due in Feb so we will stay on the market until end Sept and if we haven't sold we will accept we will stay at least another 18 months, decorate children's rooms and try again summer 2015.

I feel happy to have a plan either way!

dog which thread is your update on? Hope you're ok?

monkey and ghost looks like you've sold! Well done! Have you found nice places to go to?

terrys I'm sorry you have been mucked about.

ghosteditor Sun 30-Jun-13 07:56:32

Welcome back pastabee and congratulations! Sounds like some serious interest and a good back up plan.

I haven't sold yet but have two sets of interested buyers, one of whom has made an offer before but lost her buyer, and one who is waiting to see if planning would be required to extend the house (it would)

doglover Sun 30-Jun-13 13:24:06

Hi PAB! Congratulations on your news smile . My comments are on the 'BUYER SUPPORT THREAD' also on this Property page.

PastaBeeandCheese Sun 30-Jun-13 16:19:55

Oh doglover that all sounds very stressful. I agree ringing the agent Monday and demanding some answers is a good way forward. Hopefully they will have come to terms with fact something always crops up in the survey and won't expect the price to drop. My DH would be exactly the same as yours.

As it stands we would be selling at about a £5k loss. For us it's more the time we put in as we renovated it ourselves and put up with mess, dust and no free time for so long. I keep telling itself it's only money but I'm not that convinced that's true when I poured my heart and soul into the place!

I am pinning all my hopes on getting an offer this week so sounds like we could both be in for a stressful week.

Thanks ghost hope you get your sale!

rubyrubyruby Sun 30-Jun-13 20:55:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

monkeytennismum Sun 30-Jun-13 21:18:49

Hi PastaBee nice to hear from you again. Good luck with your viewers and congrats on your little bun! Yes, we've 'sold' but after reading on this thread for many months now I am counting no chickens until we have exchanged...

Doglover - just read your other posts. I agree calling tomorrow but would use solicitors rather than the EA. Get onto your solicitor first thing and get them to ring the other solicitor to find out what is happening. Call every 3 hours or so for an update. A friend of mine is a conveyancer and admits it is the noisy people who get dealt with most quickly. Good luck.

bimbabirba Sun 30-Jun-13 21:37:02

Can I join?
I'm very stressed tonight. My solicitor is ignoring my phone calls and constantly in meetings (which I think is code for "leave me alone") and our buyers want to exchange tomorrow even though there's a problem up the chain so we can't exchange on our purchase yet. I'm very stressed and am considering exchanging and hoping for the best. The reason for being in a such a hurry is that they need proof of address for their daughter to join the local primary school and there is only one place left. I phoned the head and she confirmed that it was definitely true.
We have three children and finding ourselves homeless in a few weeks time would be a disaster but equally it would be a disaster if they pulled out.
They have my email address and they keep nagging me. I'm about to tear my hair out in desperation especially as my solicitor won't talk to me and won't just pick up the phone to find out what the fuck is going on with the rest of the chain which should have been ready to go weeks ago.

doglover Sun 30-Jun-13 21:37:22

Oh, ok. Solicitors it is. I only spoke to them on Friday afternoon so they'll hate me!!

Jaynebxl Mon 01-Jul-13 03:52:09

Dog lover go for the two pronged attack of EA and solicitor. We have found both to be invaluable. Our EA has done wonders contacting agents further up the chain.

Bimba what a nightmare. In your shoes I'd go over your solcitor's head now and ask the boss for someone else to deal with it. When our solicitor went on holiday we just communicated with someone else in the branch.

Aarrgghh and some stress here. All trundling towards exchange on Tuesday except our buyers were due to come measure up last evening and didn't show! Surely after all this time they wouldn't back out now we are so close??

PastaBeeandCheese Mon 01-Jul-13 06:18:39

Bimba you should have received a client care letter nominating a supervising solicitor when you signed the contact?? Contact them.

Good luck today dog

Thanks monkeytennismum round here once a SSTC sign goes up it more often than not goes through so fingers crossed.

doglover Mon 01-Jul-13 10:08:04

Solicitor currently in a meeting. Have phoned EA who is going to chase up and contact me later.

It's going to be a looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg day ......

enjoyingscience Mon 01-Jul-13 10:59:25

Oooh. good luck to everyone chasing solicitors - binba your's sounds like a nightmare - I hope they get back to you soon.

We've been up a week, and had 6 viewings. No idea if that's good or bad, but I expect it will tail off now and none of the viewers have looked like they would seriously consider it. Feedback is sort of helpful, but nothing we can change (i.e. lounge too small, garden out the front would be better out the back, too far from Windsor - that last one cracked me up as we are miles and miles from Windsor - a map would have been more useful than a viewing!).

Feeling like I'm at the bottom of a very big hill!

ghosteditor Mon 01-Jul-13 11:58:03

good luck dog and bimba!

Well, we had a sucky house morning. The prospective buyer who has been waiting on pre-planning permission has been told they won't permit the development (as I expected tbh). But we've been strung along for 4-5 weeks and three viewings, so it's still disappointing. They want a bigger kitchen but apparently won't consider extending into our 26 ft living room and sideways into the porch, which our neighbours have done and we in fact considered before deciding against it.

We have one more person who is interested but she's in a much worse position and only made a low offer which she had to retract when she lost her buyer.

Think we may need to reduce the price, but I can't decide whether to change EA. They keep saying that they think the buyer is somewhere on their books (and not 'out there' through rightmove etc) - but I can't help but feel we've already exhausted all of their options if that is really true.

doglover Mon 01-Jul-13 12:56:29

Well, EA has just phoned to say that things are still progressing - YAAAAYYYY! Apparently, the solicitor should receive our buyers mortgage offer tomorrow - been some delay? - so hopefully our fears are unfounded.

Desperately want to get to exchange so that I can start to sleep again!

doglover Mon 01-Jul-13 13:00:50

Well, EA has just phoned to say that things are still progressing - YAAAAYYYY! Apparently, the solicitor should receive our buyers mortgage offer tomorrow - been some delay? - so hopefully our fears are unfounded.

Desperately want to get to exchange so that I can start to sleep again!

wonkylegs Mon 01-Jul-13 13:05:50

Dog - that sounds good.
We are hoping exchange will go ahead in the next couple of days but until it does i'm still worried.
I have just accepted DSs school place though so it better go ahead or he'll be going to school 50miles from our house!

Jaynebxl Mon 01-Jul-13 13:33:20

We are exchanging tomorrow for sure! Except that nobody can agree on a completion date!

bimbabirba Mon 01-Jul-13 13:46:26

dog it's been a sleepless night here too!
I've managed to talk to my solicitor who understood the situation and is going to find out if the vendor would consider breaking the chain. The saga goes on...

doglover Mon 01-Jul-13 14:23:52

Oh BBB, poor you. Talk about walking a tightrope ............ confused

PastaBeeandCheese Mon 01-Jul-13 18:49:18

Phew dog that sounds better news.

ghost we've recently gone OIEO on agent's advice. I wasn't sure but it seems to be working as we have interest again and a second viewing booked for Thursday. It'll be interesting to see where an offer comes in if one is forthcoming.

ghosteditor Mon 01-Jul-13 19:58:07

Oh that is interesting pastabee!

Getting a bit glum about it all; I think we may have to reduce by £10-£15k but the EA keeps telling us they 'almost' have a keen potential buyer who is just waiting on x, y, or z...

PastaBeeandCheese Mon 01-Jul-13 20:00:12

There could be some truth in that. In this market lots of people seem to put off viewing until they have sold.

I started a thread about OIEO a few weeks ago and got some helpful replied.

ghosteditor Mon 01-Jul-13 20:12:28

I'll take a look for it!

Jaynebxl Mon 01-Jul-13 21:22:01

Has anyone else here ever had an issue over agreeing a completion date? We are due to exchange tomorrow but our sellers want to move next week and our buyers want to complete the end of July!im a bit concerned that having come so far and waited so long we may end up not exchanging after all if nobody will budge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now