Talk

Advanced search

Neigbour's house

(10 Posts)
Rocksie Thu 13-Jun-13 23:40:17

My neighbour wants to put Pebble Dash on the side wall of their house. The thing is, the side wall of the house is in our garden - weird I know.

I'm worried (apart from not being to my taste) that when my kids are playing in our garden that they may hurt themselves on it. Not to mention the pebbles that will fall of on to my grass so not sure what to do when using the lawnmower.

Do you think there's any planing law that can prevent them from doing this?

annh Thu 13-Jun-13 23:58:46

I presume you don't mean the wall is actually IN your garden but that it forms the boundary between your properties? What is on the wall at the moment?

BonzoDooDah Fri 14-Jun-13 00:03:41

Weird! Is it only this wall they want to "decorate"? I'd object mostly because it looks blood awful!

Rocksie Fri 14-Jun-13 06:48:59

Your correctannh their house does form the boundary line. They have got the rest of the house pebbledashed so in other circumstances I can see why anyone would want to continue all around. It just this circumstance where we don't want to look at it forever - how depressing - dull, grey pebbles!

Rocksie Fri 14-Jun-13 06:50:39

Sorry forgot to add that it's an extension so nothing currently.

KatyDid02 Sun 16-Jun-13 12:26:38

They might not have a choice, the planning permission might state that the finish has to match the rest of the house.

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Sun 16-Jun-13 12:49:37

My Nana's neighbour had their extension pebble-dashed. Never caused me any harm as a child playing next to it (which was a lot). It it's done properly the stones shouldn't be lose.

MrsTaraPlumbing Sun 16-Jun-13 16:57:25

The planning runs might NOT require it to be pebble dash - check with planning department.
They will have to have permission from you to do the work in your garden - you do not have to give permission for this.
I think as it is a boundary wall you may be able to prevent this.

Rocksie Mon 17-Jun-13 13:51:25

Too late. It's been done. As katydid mentioned the planning office said it had to be in line with rest of house - dull!

The pebbles do come off the house with wear and tear which will be a pain when I cut the grass. I don't think that I should be picking them up!

BonzoDooDah Thu 20-Jun-13 13:17:04

so why ask us for advice if it's done?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now