Advanced search

House buying conundrum

(79 Posts)
WireCatWhore Wed 05-Jun-13 15:52:56

We sold last week & also had an offer accepted on a house we want.

Vendors estate agents been a bit weird.

I got the impression maybe the vendors were going to pull out. So I put a hold on the survey.

I got notice of a house to market so as this present house was a bit up in the air, I decided to view, just in case.

Bloody hell.

I prefer this house I have just viewed. It's much better located. It's nicer.

It's not perfect but then neither is the 1st house.

Naturally, 1st house is still definitely available.

So I'm stuck now. I'd feel bad to pull out. This house has also been on for 8 months. Also these vendors need to find somewhere.

The house I recently saw, the vendors have somewhere to go. There would be no chain really. We have cash buyers, no chain.

Would I be the worlds most horrible person if I pulled out of the 1st house?

I'd hate it to happen to me, so I'd feel terrible. And yet, this is a lot of money & where we will live, so it's a HUGE decision.


YouKnowOfTheCrunch Mon 01-Jul-13 19:08:07

I think so. It's more a case of enormously time consuming than a large cost, and we could probably do bits as they need doing.

We've finally had a reply about house number 1 saying no negotiation, so we've officially pulled out. Still not heard back on number 2.

Incredibly (and yes this is a different EA!) we put an offer in on lovely house (we could only afford it if they would accept an offer) and we got a reply on the same day!! Ok, so it was a no (expected), but still, nice to know EAs can do what you expect.

We're going to go and have a look at the other one again on Friday. The more I think about it the more excited I am about it. Yes it's more work, but we can really make it ours.

Fingers crossed we still like it on the second viewing.

WireCat Tue 02-Jul-13 13:23:56

Good luck for Friday!

YouKnowOfTheCrunch Tue 02-Jul-13 16:41:41

Thanks Wirecat. How's your house going? Are surveys and things happening?

Bettyboop0801 Wed 16-Nov-16 19:46:20

Ladies.... Help me pls! I live in Essex currently and want to move North...can anyone recommend villages and areas around Durham pls? Also reviews on Thornley would be good also? Xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now