Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy melamine paint that isn't white/cream?

(4 Posts)
MeerkatMerkin Tue 28-May-13 19:08:08

I want to update the horrendous 80s kitchen cupboard fronts we've got and cant afford to replace. I was thinking of painting them. A friend of mine did hers about 6 years ago and they still look in excellent condition. She did hers a lovely pale apple green, and I'd like the option to go for something similar, but can't find melamine paint that isn't white or cream in Wickes, Homebase etc. any suggestions? Ultimately it will be a bit of a vintage-y, shabby chic (sorry!) style room with twee bunting and gingham/floral window coverings!

lookoveryourshouldernow Tue 28-May-13 20:18:45

..search through this topic as this has been discussed fairly recently...

I am planning on using Dulux Difficult Surface Primer - two coats - then a couple of coats of 1829 Acrylic Eggshell (they do some nice vintage shades) - will let you know how I get on...

SvetlanaKirilenko Tue 28-May-13 20:18:59

Have you heard of Annie Sloan chalk paint? You can use it on any surface - without primer - and it comes in lots of colours. Would give the perfect finish for the shabby chic look.

Link here

MeerkatMerkin Tue 28-May-13 22:22:59

Thanks, will have a hunt through the threads.

I didn't know about Annie Sloan chalk paint, that sounds ideal, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now